Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
do you all think this is a mix???
i saw this beauty on petfinder. however, i disagree with 'lab mix'. he looks a lot like my boy. [link http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7359902]http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7359902[/link]
  • 19 REPLIES
Leonbergers
Does anyone here have any experience with Leonbergers to share? I'm a long way away from getting a new family dog anytime (if ever, since I'll have a houseful of complete retirees soon here) - these sound really neat and my hubby keeps saying he wants a big giant housedog - he wants to bring...
  • 14 REPLIES
Golden, PLEASE!
It will help getting this guy adopted faster if someone sees Golden in this mix. So what do you think? What do you see? This is Archie. His story is that 2 Wednesday ago, he wondered into a local beauty shop and befriended the ladies there with his charm. They let him stay all day, fed him and gave him...
  • 25 REPLIES
Which breed are the best little family dogs?
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for providing such a great resource for all of us. As I'm researching the forums I find all the info fascinating and quite helpful. Our family is looking to get a dog for the first time. We have a 5 and a 6 year old kid who have been bugging us to get one. So some things...
  • 15 REPLIES
Poodle hybrid
Hi, I am trying to decide on which breed will fit us the best. I really like the schnoodle pups. Can anyone tell me if they are ok to be left alone during the day. So many of the small dogs do not like to be alone for more than 4 hours. My husband and I work and it would be around 8 hours by itself...
  • 4 REPLIES
Look in General Chat section
For my thread: A Twist on "Find the Pit Bull". There's a site that shows pairs of dogs from shelters versus designer dogs and challenges you to tell the difference. Before you part with all that money to make some backyard breeder rich, go see what might be waiting for you for a lot less money at a local...
  • 0 REPLY
What am I ???
I'm just wanting some fresh eyes to see if anyone has any clue on what she is [ ] or if she is a GSD/lab as everyone thinks.. She is 1 1/2, and she weighs approximately 57 pounds and she is around 24 inches tall...
  • 13 REPLIES
any idea what breed she is?
Hi, We just adopted Josie here. The shelter said she was a jack russell mix. A friend thinks she's a boston terrier. Another friend thinks rat terrier, and I think that fits the most. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • 4 REPLIES
Lapphunds
Does anyone know anything about Lapphunds? They're a rare breed in Australia, but I'm just about settled on the Finnish Lapphund for my next dog. I wanted something calm and confident and relaxed for Penny, seeing as she's getting on, now, and actually starting to slow down a bit. She's going blind...
  • 0 REPLY
What breed is this puppy?
Hello all! I'm new here and I decided to become a member because I needed help identifying what type of dog this is. Select next to view more photos. [link http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsaldana23/detail?.dir=/328cre2&.dnm=2ad2re2.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phbYN4GB5ImE1c9g]http://pg.photos...
  • 4 REPLIES
Whats your guess on this breed?
Here's a picture of Max. We adopted him from our local shelter 3 weeks ago. He was an owner give up and listed as 3 1/2 years old American Staffordshire Terrier who was good with adults, kids other dogs and had obedience training. He is great with people, our 4 year old grandson and our 7 month...
  • 11 REPLIES
opinions on breed?
I asked this before when she was smaller, but I wanted some input now that she has changed a bit! Here's Misty at 8 mos....she is the size of a border collie with the same body shape, but her fur is thicker/wavier, and her tail is wavy and looks like a big fat feather duster. Her fur is the most...
  • 18 REPLIES
What Can You Tell Me About the Shih Tzu Breed?
We adopted a rescued puppy mill female 5 year old Shih Tzu in February...a real sweetie. She is very shy around my husband and won't come when we call her. We realize she has been thru alot of trauma and will work with her. Well....we just fell in love with another beauty...a female Shih Tzu that...
  • 10 REPLIES
Long-Haired Weims?
I'm consdering adding another dog to the pack once I buy a house - could be in 2 years or so, but it's still so exciting that I've been doing research on breeds that could fit. My fiance wants to hunt with this dog - likely birds. And, he's fallen in love with the Weimaraner. A feature...
  • 5 REPLIES
what breeds do you think are the most attractive?
Just curious...what breeds do you think are the best looking? Not necessarily your favorite... Mine are probably; Irish setters gordon setters dobes english setters bernese mountain dog great dane bull terrier bullmastiff
  • 63 REPLIES
Help What Breed Is This??
Ok The man I got it from said it was 6 weeks...it was the size of an 8-9 week old. His wife said it was an Australian Shepherd but they didn't know what the dad was. And my mom is bent on believing it is part wolf or coyote because he is biting and breaking skin already and a dog trainer said for...
  • 4 REPLIES
yorkie breeders in the new england area?
I've been looking for awhile does anyone know any that are in new england?
  • 1 REPLY
what kind of dog is this
could someone identify what type of dog this is thanks [ ]
  • 3 REPLIES
Posted in pics, then saw the breed forum, What Breed is she?
Sorry about the double post,  osted first in pics then saw the "breed" forum, would really like to find a home for this sweet girl asap. "Sharlie" came up to play with Nina, Zoey & Lucy while we were across the road at the lake Friday afternoon. Checked with neighbors...
  • 7 REPLIES
Humane Society mix, What is she?(Big pics)
I am a long time lurker here and would love to know what you all think about my pup. She is probably right around 5.5-6 months old right now and about 33 pounds. We adopted her from the humane society when she was about 2 months old. They said she was a "Lab mix" I don't see any lab, if...
  • 24 REPLIES