Humane Society mix, What is she?(Big pics)

• Silver

Humane Society mix, What is she?(Big pics)

I am a long time lurker here and would love to know what you all think about my pup. She is probably right around 5.5-6 months old right now and about 33 pounds. We adopted her from the humane society when she was about 2 months old. They said she was a "Lab mix" I don't see any lab, if I had to guess I might say Ridgeback and some sort of Shepard mix. The first 4 pics are a couple days after we got her, the last 3 are current pics and pic #5 is somewhere inbetween the others.

Thanks,
    Brandon

• Gold Top Dog
    She got a really cute face. [:D] Really hard to say what she could be. 

I don't see much lab there , either, but she could be part shepherd.  Rhodesian Ridgebacks are a bit more houndy, I think, but who knows.  She could be mix of several breeds - as in unique! [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    It looks like Amy's Bailey!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I see Pitty, Boxer and perhaps even a smidge of GSD perhaps...but those lovely rose ears and face say Pitty to me. Cute pup!
    • Gold Top Dog
    For some reason i am seeing pug in there.Pug and a larger breed.Especially the tail.Even a little in the feet and the forehead.The ears in the younger pics.
    • Silver
    I too thought she might be part pug when she was small especially with her curled up tail. The older she gets
    though the less I think she is part pug 5 1/2 months and 33 pounds is pretty large for a pug mix I think. One of reasons
    I thought maybe (and her name is Maebe by the way) she might be part GSD is when she is alert she sticks her ears straight forward and almost all the way up just the tips barley flop over(you can kinda see what a mean a bit in the last 2 pics. Here are some more fun pics of her, one when we first got her and the others are her playing with her pit mix friend(that looks very very pit) those pics are at about 3 months and the pit is a month or 2 older than her......though she always wins the battles even though she is 10+ pounds lighter.

• Gold Top Dog
    here's a curve ball..... i say CHOW and pit mix. the curly tail with the black hairs, and the orange colouration.
    its possible she is just a backyard bred pit bull with little attention being paid to the mix. its common in some areas to cross breed chows to pits (maybe for the 'tude that comes with it?) she might be a chow/pitXpit.  or possible GSD/pitXpit.
    but i see a great deal of pit in her.
    she sure is cute though!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Yeah, I noticed the curly tail, too....and something about her face structure says chow or maybe some sharpai.   I'm just thinkin' there could be some GSD in there, too because there s a certain refinement in her structure and the black points.

Who knows!  She's cute. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh my!!!!!!!   What an agel looking thing!   No that Im partial...[8D]

• Gold Top Dog
    I love Bailey's ears! [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    So great of you to adopt.  I volunteer at our Humane Society and currently foster mom to two cruelty dogs.  I have posted on here also.  They say lab mix on these.  But it seems where I live it's mostly pit or chi mixed with something else

i see some blackmouth cur, but those ears, how cute!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Some of those pics look a lot like Wyatt (my ridgeback) when he was a pup. He went through a funky-ear stage. Let me dig up some pics, and i'll post them tomorrow.
    • Gold Top Dog

Those are his baby pics...here are some from about 6 mos.

• Silver
    Wow your right those pup pics do look alot alike. Thats kinda why I though she might be some sort of Ridge mix.