Golden, PLEASE!

• Gold Top Dog

Golden, PLEASE!

It will help getting this guy adopted faster if someone sees Golden in this mix.  So what do you think?  What do you see? This is Archie.  His story is that 2 Wednesday ago, he wondered into a local beauty shop and befriended the ladies there with his charm.  They let him stay all day, fed him and gave him water.  They then called local animal control but could not forget this guy.  AC let him live longer and today one of  my neighbors took him in on behalf of a family that is seriously considering adopting. The neighbor felt if the family decided no, he would search for another family.  The neighbor vetted the dog for innoculations and deworming.  Dog was already neutered.  Looks to be a 1 year old and weighs 58 lbs.  Unfortunately, neighbor's 3 Whippets did not get along so he asked me to take him in and I did.

• Gold Top Dog
    I see lab (yellow) x NSDTR (the more orangish coloring and the white markings).
    • Gold Top Dog
    Ever so slightly do I see it.  I see it in his face via expression, ears, dark pigment around the eyes, his smile, and tongue hanging out.  I see it the slight feathering of his tail, as well as his coloring (except for white markings).  It's a tough call...if he had any feathering around the legs, chest & belly and hind, and maybe a longer coat in general, I'd say yes. The face is really the only part of him that I can see Golden.

I really see yellow lab.
    • Silver
    I see a lab mix too- especially the ears, head and body proportions- Cute guy!

• Gold Top Dog
    Yes, my first impression was that of a flawed Yellow Lab.  But the snout is narrow and with the white marking and that rich color coat, I was thinking there is a Collie in the Lab.  But that coat is too rich in color.  Here is a picture I found this morning on a Lab site.  Pretty close.  Representing the dog as pure Lab but flawed to the standard is also a good thing. 

Hey!  Its been awhile since I have had a healthy rambucious 1 year old (the equivalent of the terrible 2's) as a foster.  Fun time in the DPU house.

• Gold Top Dog
    From the fuzzier ears and tail I'd say Golden Ret/Lab mix.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Yes, his color is definitely more of a rich golden than yellow.  The other thing about his appearance that just drew my eye are the tufts of hair on the ears (near ear base, and you can really see it in the first photo) and the length of hair on the ears...that is Golden.  Not all Goldens end up having a long coat.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Luvntzus

HAHA...we were posting about the fuzzy ears at the same time.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Reminder what a Golden can look like and a Golden and Lab together.

• Gold Top Dog
    I definitely see smooth collie in there.

Here's another rescue group's "collie mix" and a photo of  BPIS BIS CH Uneeda Promise the Moon (from Uneeda Kennels in Canada):

• Gold Top Dog
    Right away I saw Lab.  Honestly, I don't see any Golden or Toller.  I really think he's got some GSD in him.  He sure is a handsome guy.  Hope he finds a forever home soon!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I think he could very well have Golden in him...his body shape looks more Golden than Lab (thinner face) and his ears are a LOT like my Golden mix's.  I'm sure in a litter of Golden mix puppies a few would be shorthair and a few longhair, and I'll bet the shorthairs would be called Lab mixes and would look a lot like this guy [;)]  The eyes don't look like Golden or Lab though...
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: Luvntzus

this has my vote too.
    my grandmother had a golden/lab that looked a lot like this guy. he was an intentional mix bought by the people who lived across the street from her. they never took care of him and he spent most of his time with my grandmother anyway. one day while he was crossing the street to visit her he almost got hit by a car so my grandmother decided to ask if she could just keep him, and so she did.

• Silver
    I'm going with rhodesian ridgeback mix (especially the eyes and the white on his toes/chest). Possibly with Golden. Beautiful dog!
    • Bronze
    ORIGINAL: lillysmommy

I'm going with rhodesian ridgeback mix (especially the eyes and the white on his toes/chest). Possibly with Golden. Beautiful dog!

I'm going to ditto this....one of my friends that visits another forum I'm on has a RR/GSD mix and he looks very similiar to this dog