Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
any hound rescues?
we found a walker coondog today and are searching for the owner, because it's obvious he's had one. (just don't know if the owner cares to look ) anyone know of any hound dog rescues?
  • 7 REPLIES
What breed is this?
What type of dog is this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-FRAMED-Pen-Ink-DOT-ART-Dog-Picture-Fontenot_W0QQitemZ250119477042QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20158QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - bmj
  • 5 REPLIES
the 'canis panther'
you guys ever see this breed? these things are wild man..someone bred them in the 70's. 12 week old pups this pic is too big to post so i will link it...this pic will let you see how massive these guys are [link http://www.canispanther.com/CanisPantherMales/jrinequipment.jpg]http://www.canispanther...
  • 40 REPLIES
Anatolians?
Does anyone out there have anatolians, pyranees or other livestock guardian dogs? I just got a pyronees/ anatolian and I have some questions.
  • 9 REPLIES
Any Pug folks out there?
I must admit, I've been a die-hard Cocker fan most of my life. Recently, the clinic I work in, there have been a ton of our Pug patients having their annual visits [this is my first year there so I'm still meeting everyone]. I am smitten! They are so fun loving, sweet, funny little dogs. Snorting...
  • 9 REPLIES
Mix...of what?
Hi, To make an extremely long story short, in the past few years my family and I have in one way or another managed to become responsible for 2 of my brothers dogs (on separate occasions). You see, my brother, to say the least, is not the greatest pet owner and we have had to take 2 of his dogs in...
  • 1 REPLY
Trail runner looking for a companion...
Hi all. I am new to the board - so forgive me if my questions have been asked a million times already! My wife and I like to run trails in the Wasatch Mountains (Utah). Due to our schedules, and the fact that we have an 18 month old son - we often are not able to run with each other. Plenty of wildlife...
  • 45 REPLIES
Beaucerons?
Does anyone have a Beauceron or know much about them? I've been researching them online, but I'd like to talk to someone who has actually had the breed or has worked with the breed before. I'm also looking for a breeder in the MO or IL region. I know these dogs are pretty rare here in...
  • 9 REPLIES
anyone very familiar with the UKC?
i've been seeing a lot of APBT in my area with "merle" coloring and blue eyes. this doesn't meet the breed standard, but seems to be an increasingly popular choice. i'm sure these dogs are BYB and certainly not registered. what i'm curious about is the flexibility and evolution...
  • 3 REPLIES
GSD stuff
I found this website...thought it was interesting. [link http://showcase.netins.net/web/royalair/pasttopresent.htm]http://showcase.netins.net/web/royalair/pasttopresent.htm[/link]
  • 21 REPLIES
Adopting a Corgi
I am relatively new here, so I will very quickly go over the back story. Our chow passed away at the age of fifteen this December and I think that I am ready for another dog. I talked to several rescues about westies and a cairn terrier and some dachshunds and even the retired racing greyhound people...
  • 2 REPLIES
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
Help - Two months ago I purchased a female (2 year) Cavalier - she is a delightful little dog, but has a behaviorial problem - sometimes, not always, she will start whining and just not stop - she wants to be picked up, but I'm hesitant to do this and it will only encourage her to whine more - on Saturday...
  • 0 REPLY
Shih Tzu lovers out there!!
Hello-- figured I should restart the Shih Tzu thread!! I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has a black Shih Tzu as I am trying to figure out how common they are. I love them. Also, anyone heard of a brindle shih tzu?
  • 74 REPLIES
What are they?
I'm foster mom to these two cruelty dogs. They really have some mental issues but are getting better. I know they are mixed breen (mutly's) but any guesses as to what may be mixed up here?
  • 5 REPLIES
rottweilers
rottweilers are a breed that i can say are loyal and very protective of familly and property
  • 3 REPLIES
Help with breed selection..
Our family had a heart breaking experience this week with our mixed dog, Lilly. She was put down on Monday because of bad hip dysplasia. She was what adopt-a-pet said to be an Australian Sheperd, Beagle, Pointer, etc. She would have been 2 years old in June. I feel like we lost her too soon and we are...
  • 29 REPLIES
Anyone out there own a PBGV?
Just wondering if there are any PBGV owners out there...? I have been in love with the breed for a few years now and think they are the cutest and funnest dogs!! I would love to own one one day...... So does anyone out there own one...? Thanks! -Michelle-
  • 4 REPLIES
What breed(s) is she?
A little over a year ago, I posted on this board asking what breed or mix would be best for my family. I got a lot of good advice from everyone here. So, my mom started looking in the local shelters for the right puppy, and we finally found her last May. She's a wonderful dog, just about perfect...
  • 6 REPLIES
need your opinions: yorkie or westie?
Hello, for months I've been contemplating on adopting a dog and I think we're (my husband & i) ready. I've been doing a lot of research on yorkies & westies and have gone to see a breeder to see some pups. But I cannot decide between the two. I know both have similar personalities...
  • 27 REPLIES
Does anyone have English Cocker Spaniel?
There was a baby English Cocker at work today,,,oh my,,,what a cute face. But later...everyone was surprised that the owner told them that their teeth lock,,, and many puppies get their teeth cut. I guess the owner was looking into this. Does anyone out there know anything about this??
  • 15 REPLIES