Adopting a Corgi

• Bronze

Adopting a Corgi

I am relatively new here, so I will very quickly go over the back story. Our chow passed away at the age of fifteen this December and I think that I am ready for another dog. I talked to several rescues about westies and a cairn terrier and some dachshunds and even the retired racing greyhound people. I was looking for a smaller dog that isn't a "toy". All I've ever owned were large dogs. A GSD, a German shepherd/chow mix and then finally achow/husky mix. But we have moved from our house into a tiny condo, so I wanted a dog that was smaller but still had a large dog attitude. Someone recommended I talk to the corgi rescue and after doing so I thought that a corgi sounded perfect for me.
    She has one in particular who sounds wonderful. His personalilty sounds like just what I am looking for. His name is Tucker and he's about four years old. I'm going to go see him tonight to see how we hit it off. If we don't she has several other corgis that weren't on her site.

• Gold Top Dog
    He looks pretty good! Most corgi's still need a good amount of exercise though (they are herders) so don't let that small size fool you. They can be great dogs with a lot of fun attitude but they need something to do. Tricks, agility, tracking, etc. They are *very* smart and will pick up tricks really fast.

Good luck with him, I hope he works out for you!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Tootsie, my corgi girl, who is almost three definitely needs exercise. She is very mellow in the house with adequate exercise.Tucker, is a doll. Good luck and PM me with any corgi questions. Heres my tip for corgis: If you don't give them something to do, they will find it on their own and you won't like it.