Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Just for fun.. (breed guessing)
I've done this before, but it's just fun to see what everyone thinks. Cherokee's 9 1/2 years old, 60ish pounds, 21 inches at the withers. She's got webbed toes (but HATES water.. swimming and beaches are definitely not her favorites), black spots on the very back of her tongue, dark...
  • 12 REPLIES
Sniper's breeds? Guesses?
I put pictures of Sniper on a few months ago for anyone to guess what she might be, but I figured I would put some new ones up as she will soon be 7 months old, and I know it's easier to tell breed makeup the older they are. Any guesses? [IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/BrianaLoren/Wrinkless...
  • 18 REPLIES
what breed would make
the best jogging partner? I need to loose around 5 pounds and am going to start jogging again in the summer and by that time I'll hopefully have another dog, and this one will be my dog. I want a dog that will make me get out more, the dogs we have now wont go jogging they get tired within 10...
  • 13 REPLIES
chihuahuas
I think they are really cute and would love to own one. My friend has one (3/4 chih 1/4 dachshund) and it is the SWEETEST dog ever! He is obessed with me and likes me more than everyone else (probably since I'm a vistor lol) and he wont leave me alone. If I'm laying on the floor he is right there...
  • 3 REPLIES
Guess this old breed!
I know what they are, but can you guess? the answer may shock you lol 1915 is the date on the magazine this was scanned from.
  • 23 REPLIES
Help!! My boyfriend's allergic to my Pomeranian!!
I had the dog first!! Everytime my boyfriend comes over to visit, his eyes start to get itchy. He loves my dog, but he's allergic! I bought a Dyson vacuum and use that constantly. I've read that a fatty acid supplement can help. What can I do???
  • 34 REPLIES
how do you handle breed discrimination?
This is something that has been bugging me lately. The amount of comments i get when i take my dogs out is absurd. I absolutely understand that not everyone likes german shepherds, or the other "bad breeds". I'm just sort of sick of all the rude comments. I used to try and take the time...
  • 51 REPLIES
Considering Westies? Any advice?
Well once again, another breed I'm interested in. Theres so many that catch my interest its crazy! Well I heard West highland White Terriers were good dogs and when I took a breed selector quiz they were a breed that got 100%. Can someone give me some basic information. Average weight, around kids...
  • 7 REPLIES
are there dogs that catch mice and rats and do they do it better then...
are there dogs that catch mice and rats and do they do it better then cats if so what kind of a dog is it Disclamer: no i do not want a dog to catch rats or mice i am just curious
  • 30 REPLIES
Rhodesian Ridge Back Puppies *edited*
Hi folks I'm the proud new owner of a RR puppy. She is one of a litter of 13 and only four wks old. can't wait to brong her home. *content removed, advertising of puppies available not allowed* [IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/14y0cy8.jpg[/IMG]
  • 15 REPLIES
Field Spaniel!
Ooh Ooh Ooh OOOH! I saw my first Field Spaniel last nigth on the Eukanuba Show and WOW I fell in love. Growing up Cocker's were my favorite, I had two and as I got older I disliked them more (dont be offended cocker owners) because the shape of their heads and their eyes can look buggy sometimes...
  • 5 REPLIES
Hello... Choosing a breed
Hi, I am hoping to get a dog soon and was wondering about which breed to choose. I have owned german shepherds before but never a small dog. I am looking for something that isnt frail, a dog that i can have fun with and not worry about it getting hurt. The breeds i know im not interested in are like...
  • 19 REPLIES
Pugs?
Are there any other pug people out there? Would love to see some pics!
  • 11 REPLIES
Trouble Settling on a Lab Breeder
We have decided to bring a Lab into our family and I have been researching breeders, using national and local breeding clubs for breeder directories. I have narrowed it down to two breeders (at least at this point). I am looking for an American style retriever (prefer NOT to have the blocky head/build...
  • 4 REPLIES
Need some Beagle help
Hey Guys, As you can see this is my first post and I love these forums. They are crammed full of info. My wife and I recently had to put down my 13 year old Redbone Hound (late last summer) and are now ready to get a new addition to our family. We had been renting and now have purchased a home so we...
  • 22 REPLIES
Doberman advice
Hi all, I'm the very proud owner of a 1 year old Doberman bitch, named Sasha, and am giving some serious thought to getting a second Doberman to join our little pack. I recently saw a blue Doberman while in the UK and was fascinated with it. Can anyone provide me with some information on blue...
  • 5 REPLIES
Does is work having a dog in an apartment-which breeds.
SO does it work having a dog ina apartment?? Which breeds do you recommend for apartment life, I also have a 2 and a half year old. I live on the ground floor, I could pop the dog over the balcony (sounds bad-but no prob because on the same level as balcony!) first thing in the morning and last thing...
  • 31 REPLIES
High Desert advice
Greetings and Bow Wow's, I live in Nogales Arizona on the border with Mexico in the high desert at 4000 ft. I am trying to figure out what breed would excel here. My 85 year young father lives with me. He was a hunter and gravitates toward the hunting breeds like German Shorthair Pointer, Vizsla...
  • 4 REPLIES
Ten good reasons
Rules here people. Do not knock other breeds. I will start: The 10 best reasons why I think that Labrador Retrievers (for me) are the best breed: 1. They always smile at me 2. They are always happy to see me 3. They force my fat butt to excersize 4. They pick me up when I am sad 5....
  • 36 REPLIES
Greyhound folks-If anyone knows of a group
that will adopt to people even tho they have an baby...please let me know. Someone I know is looking to rescue and was told to reapply when their daughter was ten. They didn't really want to wait that long. They already have a sighthound so they know what they're like.
  • 2 REPLIES