Any Pom owners out there?

• Gold Top Dog

Get a really GOOD quality slicker brush- like a Chris Christenson - http://chrissystems.com/ is the website. They're really expensive but they'll last forever, they do a minimum of damage to the coat, and they won't scratch the dog's skin.     

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks.  I have very little problem with him.  My groomer says she has no problem with him at all so it is probably me.  He senses I am not comfortable with the technique yet.  His coat is changing and it will be easier.  I'm glad.

Oh yeah.  That thermometer thing?  I don't blame Fritz AT ALL :)

• Gold Top Dog

Pwca

Get a really GOOD quality slicker brush- like a Chris Christenson - http://chrissystems.com/ is the website. They're really expensive but they'll last forever, they do a minimum of damage to the coat, and they won't scratch the dog's skin.     

Thanks for the link Big Smile  And the ship to Canada, yay for me lol.

Question, in what way are they different from this one (its the one I used on my pom that she didn't like) http://superfishstore.com/waterworld/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=370_400_547&products_id=2891

• Gold Top Dog

Yay Liv ;o) "Oh Canadaaaa... our home and native laaannnd" ready quick funny story. When I used to be a Camp Counselor there was a little kid (he was 6yrs old) who moved from Canada to Massachusetts and every morning he sang the Canadian national anthem in English and then in French lol! For awhile there I knew both by heart!!

I would say the difference in a high quality brush are the "needles". Pwca might know a better answer though. Kayla used to hate the slicker brush too... i think she still does (but she deals with it now)

• Gold Top Dog

The Chris Christenson ones are just really high quality- the metal is perfectly smooth (get out a magnifying glass and check each pin for burrs- I bet there are some), and the ends are rounded- not just cut straight off, not with a bump at the end, and not with a sharp point.

At least, that's the diffference with their other metal-pin brushes. I actually don't own any. :P I have an All-Systems pin brush but I've lost it and I'm replacing it with the CC brush at the next show I go to- I try and pick up stuff at shows whenever possible just because it gets expensive to ship stuff. 

• Gold Top Dog

hi fellow pom lovers!

im a newbie here, im from the philippinesSmile  and just want to join in this wonderful community! y' all have such cute pomeranians! most of you guys here are from the u.s. so i was just wondering what is a typical day for you and your dogs there? here is my dogs play, eat and sleep haha! we don't get to walk my dogs on nature tripsSad cause its a very small country if its a city, it's just a "city" unlike there when even in a city you still have big space for dog walking! lol, how i envy you guys there! the only nature we get here is from our subdivision in the park,Smile

anyway, hope to hear from y'all!

let me share some of the residents:)

here's "bradley" 9 months he'll be tryin in the dog show scene here in manila soon

"mickey" 1 yr. , he'll also be trying his luck in the show scene

il post some of my other residents here soon!:)

thanks for letting me share

krystelleWink