Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Dogs acclimating to vastly different climates than breed was established...
My chihuahua loves it 110 F in the sun. However...He can hang out in the teens playing in the snow too!. When he was a puppy only weeks old he would go out to take care of business every 2-3 hours. Temps went down to single digits. He would still fuss around sniffin and finding just the right spots!...
  • 11 REPLIES
manchester terriers
Does anyone have any experience with this breed? I am thinking of getting a second dog and I like the way this dog looks. I've done some research but would like to hear about personal experiences.
  • 0 REPLY
What kind of dog to get? Help please!
Hi all, I just joined up here. I am looking to get a puppy and I want to get one that is right for me. Currently I have a cat.... I had two but one passed a few weeks ago due to a heart condition. my criteria is: small loyal quiet as in not crazy energetic all the time since I'm at work for 8 hours...
  • 37 REPLIES
dalmations?
I think they are realllyyy pretty and my dog trainer has a few of them who are the most obedient dogs I have EVER seen and competes with them. I think one day I would like to own one but I want to know what you guys have to say about the breed....and of couse I'd love to see pictures!
  • 4 REPLIES
What breed is this dog?
I'm really sorry to bother you all with this silly question, but I have fallen in love with the dog in this picture and would love to own one like this. Does anyone have any idea as to what sort of mix this dog could be? My apologies if I posted this in the wrong area. I'm new to forums.
  • 2 REPLIES
It appears that I *don't* have an actual Golden Rtrvr....
but rather a Novia Scotia Duck Tolling Rtrvr....was told when we adopted him that he was golden rtrvr/collie mix...but he very surely resembles, right down to the 4 white feet, white tipped tail, white streaky line down his chest, and the foxy red hair of this breed. Here's a pic of Rivers ...
  • 52 REPLIES
Spoke to the vet Rivers saw in Texas....
he and the original owner had been searching for weeks for this dog. The lady that *found* him told the vet at the time that she was returning the dog to the nearby house of where she found it at, so the vet never thought twice at the time, except to check him over as she (lady that found him) thought...
  • 8 REPLIES
Any Guesses? (dumdog)
dont know if anyone remembers me mentioning an odd encounter with the nextdoor neighbour's "dog".. turns out he just showed up and isnt really theirs after all. ETA - they do claim him. just wanted to clarify.. from a distance we all thought the old man had gotten himself another Choco...
  • 6 REPLIES
Look for help identifying breed.
We rescued George recently and the SPCA identified him as an Old English Sheepdog mix. Because of his size at 9 months, we suspect he may be a Tibetan Terrier. Can anyone help us identify him? His photo is attached to my profile.
  • 7 REPLIES
took a breed selector quiz for fun...
...and look at my results! 1. ACD 2. beauceron 3. terv 4. mal 5. dobe 6. german wirehaired pointer 7. weim 8. austrailian shep 9. belgian 10. bc 11. GSD 12. GSP 13. Rhodesian ridgeback i was glad to see dobe, gsd, and rr within my top 15. at least i know i'm...
  • 40 REPLIES
Breed guess anyone?
This is my younger boy Jager who I recently rescued. I was told he was full blood APBT but Im pretty sure hes a mix. He's 4 months old but not as big as my Harley was at 4 months so Im nots sure. Maybe he's just smallish by nature? He weighs about 15lbs. Anybody have any guesses? [IMG]http...
  • 7 REPLIES
ok
  • 10 REPLIES
Looking for Dachshund
Does anybody know a good, reputable breeder of Longhair Minature Dachshunds in GA, AL or TN? My sister-in-law is looking for an English Creme or a Red Longhair female puppy. I'm trying to help her but I don't know many doxie breeders that have cremes. Any help or advice would be appreciated...
  • 4 REPLIES
breed guess??
ok so i have a 1 year old male dog and i dont know what kind of breed or breeds he is so if you could please help me!! i have been told hes a benji by this one ladyi met in a vets office but i dont even know what a benji looks like?? so heres a picture of him!! :) [IMG]http://i274.photobucket...
  • 11 REPLIES
Dachshund + ?
I'm fostering this doxie mix -- he is the absolute sweetest dog -- but I'm wondering what else he has in him. His fur is strange, there are patches of smooth, dark hair, and other parts are longer and lighter and a different texture. I don't know why this is and if it is just a phase he is...
  • 9 REPLIES
Miniture Dalmations
New one to me. Anyone else heard of it? I wish people where happy with the way breeds are supposed to be. Makes me go up to my furbabies and smother them with kisses and hugs. website to the mini dals http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/
  • 17 REPLIES
Dogs under 25lbs?
So basically, BF and I are moving several months from now to a condo that allows dogs 25lbs and under. I am just wondering off the top of anyone's head what breeds those might be? lol. I hope I'm not bugging anyone. Also, do people think it would be a good idea to maybe get the dog before...
  • 27 REPLIES
Breed Guess..?
Hello I just joined so Ill start by saying my names Marissa, 18 from the Tampa Bay area FL, I have 2 dogs and a cat. My question is what breed do you think my puppy looks like? Ive gotten all kinds of responses. Just wondering what you think. Thanks and I look foward to chatting with everyone about their...
  • 11 REPLIES
AUSSIE ADVICE! QUICK!
Okay my Mom gets way to excited over things... They really want that puppy "Peaches" [Check out thread: Designer Too Many!!] Here is what she just E-Mailed me: "The lady wrote me back! She was so nice.She is new at all of this. She found a dog for her son who has autism. The dog...
  • 5 REPLIES
What do you think?
So when we got Dixie from the MSPCA, they said he was a Wheaten mix. A girl that works for the trainer we go to thinks he's a Berger de Pyrenees (never heard of it before). I think cases can be made for both, with the Wheaten being the more likely after reading about Bergers. You don't really...
  • 5 REPLIES