Greyhound folks-If anyone knows of a group

• Gold Top Dog

Greyhound folks-If anyone knows of a group

that will adopt to people even tho they have an baby...please let me know. Someone I know is looking to rescue and was told to reapply when their daughter was ten. They didn't really want to wait that long. They already have a sighthound so they know what they're like.

• Gold Top Dog

Gina.. That is a real toughy… most are real particular about the baby thing because so many families have really good intentions, but things don’t work out after the baby and the dog gets returned.  If your friend really wants to get a grey and has sighthound experience, I would suggest having them go to greytalk.com forum and I think a lot of the groups are listed there.

That is my only suggestion right now.. but I will think longer on it Gina.

• Gold Top Dog

Is this in Texas? Greyhound Pets of America---Houston (GPA Houston) WILL adopt to families with young children.

From their website:

Because we are one of the few adoption groups nationwide willing to adopt to people with very young children, we require families with children under six to read Childproofing Your Dog, also available at our office at a reduced price.    Since very small children and dogs of any breed are not necessarily a match made in heaven, we spend a great deal of time counseling with families who have little ones and adoptions are done on a case by case basis. 

http://www.gpahouston.org/adoption_process.htm

JJsmom's suggestion of going to Greytalk is greyt Wink there may be groups closer to your friends....

Good luck.