Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Designer Too Many!!
My mom just called me (the one who has my 14yr old Sheltie) telling me she is thinking about an Australian Shepard. I told her they were a lot of work and she was like "well I'm talking to this lady that breeds mini/toy/and even teacup ones! i'm going to get one of those!" I flipped...
  • 14 REPLIES
Canaan Dogs
Anyone know anything about Canaan Dogs? I understand they're probably a bit too natural for my rabbity household, but I like natural dogs. A lot. Especially when they're not quite as natural as Dingoes. Dingoes are a little scary. I'd quite like a dog like a dingo, but actually domestic as...
  • 4 REPLIES
Getting a backyard, and considering a Boxer
I am moving to AZ, in 6 months and we are considering another dog. I have been looking at Boxerluv rescue. They are located not to far from where we are moving. Now that moving time is coming up I am researching the breed. Right now I am thinking about a two year old. I havent had TO much experience...
  • 18 REPLIES
Rottie lovers
Lets hear some funny, sad or memorable stories about the best darn breed there is.
  • 1 REPLY
What could Tolby be?
Found this little dog at my neighbors. He now lives with my MIL forever or until someone claims him. He is very comfortable in the house so we know he has been in a house.
  • 10 REPLIES
Pibble/?
A friend adopted this poochie pie from a shelter in central Wisconsin. Any guesses on the breed combo? Pibble/kangaroo? I couldn't get a very good body shot, because she never stops moving! She is very solid, muscular, and has short legs.
  • 12 REPLIES
The Alaskan Klee Kai
Anyone have updates on how well this breed is doing? Know that they were experiencing a blood dyscrasia, like hemophelia i think it was... How is their temperament and growth and development from puppyhood to adulthood and aging? I think that they are certainly some of the cutest little things but...
  • 0 REPLY
What is your favorite small breed, and why?
I really miss having a small dog around. Delilah (GSD) and Beefer (Basset Hound) are both wonderful... but it's just not the same. So, just because, in honor of the small dogs out there... what's your favorite? Why? Do you prefer to raise from a puppy or adopt an adult.? Why?
  • 40 REPLIES
need help
Hi can someone please tell me , which breed is this. http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moto0347fj8.jpg [URL=http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moto0347fj8.jpg][IMG=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2450/moto0347fj8.th.jpg][/URL] Waiting for reply thank you
  • 3 REPLIES
Basenji Breeder
I have been wanting a Basenji FOREVER and I think I may be ready for a puppy or young basenji next fall/winter. The only thing is...I cant find a breeder or rescue very close. Does anybody know of any breeders or possibly a rescue in or around Illinois? Thanks in advance. :]
  • 14 REPLIES
Chihuahuas :)
Post pictures of your Chihuahuas here! I love the little breed and would love to see pictures. Info too.
  • 10 REPLIES
what is Micha?
Micha is about 11 months old, and very timid. Very nervous, but also headstrong. Wants to do things her way, but will listen after a few attempts. She's a little under weight right now, but not a big girl. About 45 lbs I think - I can easily pick her up and move her... =/ Large head,...
  • 12 REPLIES
Looking for opionions on what breed(s).
My friend's mother took in a stray, tried to find her owners with no luck and decided to keep her and named her fawn. However, fawn is still young (guessed to be about a year and half old) and the dog she currently has doesn't get along with her. She needs some training which i've already...
  • 1 REPLY
Mystery breed mix
I have had Jake for about a year now and never knew what he's "made of" I have a few ideas but want to hear your opinions. He is about 21 inches square and weighs about 38 pounds. He is very energetic and loving.
  • 8 REPLIES
Pit Bulls in Florida
Ok I watch Animals Cops everynight. I noticed they're alway talking about Pit Bulls being banned all the time. So what if you have the Akc registered kind? Or are those different? And if their not different then are the banned also?
  • 11 REPLIES
I need breed inspiration...(Infiniti)
Hi everybody! So here's the story. DH and I have decided that it's time to begin researching and investigating dog breeds. We have plans to purchase a house in the next few months, and would like to add a second dog to our family after all of us settle in. (So we wouldn't actually have a...
  • 17 REPLIES
German Shepherd Stacking..
Ok, sence i know there are several GSD owners on here, thought maybe someone could entertain my curiousity! Why are GSD's stacked differently then other breeds? I know that all breeds are not stacked the same (ex. Akitas are square where as setters are more exaggerated), but all other breeds, with...
  • 31 REPLIES
Aussies...gosh darnit
I need to know, if I have shelties, could I handle an Aussie? There is a gorgeous blue merle male, still a puppy, at the shelter 10 mins from my house. It has come to my attention that he is being euthanized Thursday morning if he's not out by tomorrow. I don't know what it is about this dog...
  • 17 REPLIES
Another Edition of "Guess the Breed Mix"
My friend's parents just adopted this sweet girl (Cinnamon) from a shelter in northern Minnesota. The shelter guessed chow mix because she has purple on the tip of her tongue. They think she's about a year old. She weighs 30 lbs. Cinnamon is loving, alert, friendly, mellow, and seldom barks....
  • 7 REPLIES
Is my dog part pitbull???
I just adopted this guy last night and was told he's a welsh corgi mix? So far everyone who has seen him has commented that he looks like a pitbull? Can anyone help me out? Let me know what you guys think
  • 10 REPLIES