What do you think?

• Gold Top Dog

What do you think?

So when we got Dixie from the MSPCA, they said he was a Wheaten mix.  A girl that works for the trainer we go to thinks he's a Berger de Pyrenees (never heard of it before).  I think cases can be made for both, with the Wheaten being the more likely after reading about Bergers.  You don't really find Bergers outside of France/Austria I guess. 

Dixie

Berger de Pyrenees

Wheaten

What do you guys think?

• Gold Top Dog

She kind of looks like both to me.  She sure is PRETTY though!!!!!!

• Gold Top Dog
    The coat and color kinda remind me of all those poodle mixes running around these days.
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm with Kyda here. Probably a poodle/wheaton mix. That other breed, being so rare, would not show up in an American shelter.

She's a cutie though! =]

• Gold Top Dog

There are a few more of the Pyrs showing up in sport homes, though they are still quite rare as pets.  I know two or three people who have them.  IT would be amazing if one ended up in a shelter but not unthinkable - the resemblance is remarkable.

You would know, however, if this were a pyr shep.  They are nothing like poodles or terriers - they are "herdy" and intense, more like Aussies or Beardies than any terrier or poodle or cross.  The energy levels are up there with Aussies and Border Collies.

• Gold Top Dog

Yea I lean more towards the Wheaton myself.  He doesn't exhibit any herding tendencys and has a pretty large prey drive.  Laid back also.  Plus from what the people at the shelter said, he came here by way of Puerto Rico, making him a Berger even rarer.