What could Tolby be?

• Gold Top Dog

What could Tolby be?

Found this little dog at my neighbors. He now lives with my MIL forever or until someone claims him. He is very comfortable in the house so we know he has been in a house.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh my, what a cutie patootie!  I'd guess Dachshund/Poodle mix.  His body really reminds me of a Dachshund (possible wirehaired?) .  There's something about his head and face that reminds me of Poodle mixes I've seen.  To be totaly honest, he really reminds me of a Dandie Dimont Terrier, but they're pretty rare, bigger and not that color.  So I'll go with my Dachshund/Poodle guess.

• Gold Top Dog

He is sooooo cute!   When I first saw him Norfolk Terrier came to mind, but his tail is too long.  I think he is adorable, though.

• Gold Top Dog

A little about Tolby as we have gotten to know him.  He has been in a house. I mean what dog comes in the house jumps on the couch and goes to sleep? A house dog!! My daughter got her little hand held vacuum out and was vacuuming him. He just looked at her and flopped over. He lays by peoples feet. He knows what "you need to go out means." He goes out and comes right back in. He is very well mannered around other dogs. He doesnt mind the baby gate. He rides in a car good. I cut the hair away from his eyes and he just stood there so I think he has been groomed before.

We have put him in the paper but no one has called about him. So my MIL is going to take him home. I was calling him Happy but she's gonna call him Tolby.

• Gold Top Dog

A little about Tolby as we have gotten to know him.  He has been in a house. I mean what dog comes in the house jumps on the couch and goes to sleep? A house dog!! My daughter got her little hand held vacuum out and was vacuuming him. He just looked at her and flopped over. He lays by peoples feet. He knows what "you need to go out means." He goes out and comes right back in. He is very well mannered around other dogs. He doesnt mind the baby gate. He rides in a car good. I cut the hair away from his eyes and he just stood there so I think he has been groomed before.

We have put him in the paper but no one has called about him. So my MIL is going to take him home. I was calling him Happy but she's gonna call him Tolby.

We we're thinking dachshund too but havent figured out what else. Maybe some other terrier?

• Gold Top Dog

Maybe a Dachshund/Cairn mix? Whatever he is, he is CUTE.  Is he neutered?

• Gold Top Dog

No he isnt neutered. My MIl is going to get him neutered if no one claims him in a couple weeks. I was thinking cairn terrier too.

• Gold Top Dog

He's very cute!  Have you had him scanned for a microchip, or checked lost ad postings on Craigslist and Petfinder?

• Gold Top Dog

I've checked everything. We have put him in the paper. The beagle he was with got claimed but he didnt. They had pictures of her and everything before we would let them take her. The people said they didnt know anyone that Tolby belonged to but then again their beagle had traveled 10 miles away from home.

I was hopeing since he is a little dog and well mannered someone is missing him. But doesnt seem like it. You wouldnt believe how careless people are about their dogs here. 

But Tolby does have a home if his owners dont claim him. 

• Gold Top Dog

I'd say Norfolk/scottie, but that seems like a strange combo to find! Whatever he is, he's cute! 

• Gold Top Dog

kle1986

I've checked everything. We have put him in the paper. The beagle he was with got claimed but he didnt. They had pictures of her and everything before we would let them take her. The people said they didnt know anyone that Tolby belonged to but then again their beagle had traveled 10 miles away from home.

I was hopeing since he is a little dog and well mannered someone is missing him. But doesnt seem like it. You wouldnt believe how careless people are about their dogs here. 

But Tolby does have a home if his owners dont claim him. 

Your area sounds a lot like mine... a lot of ignorant pet-owners around here...

Thank you for saving him though.  :-)  He sounds like a great little dog, and I'm so glad he will have a home either way.