Chihuahuas :)

• Gold Top Dog

Chihuahuas :)

Post pictures of your Chihuahuas here! I love the little breed and would love to see pictures. Info too.
    • Gold Top Dog

This is Kujo. She is 7 months old and is a very good non yappy little chihuahua.

Kujo at 6 weeks old. 

7 months old here. 

• Gold Top Dog
    This is otto and ollie sleeping Otto on an overcast day looking wierd Otto tired with his ears down a few weeks ago Ollie stopping to smell the roses Crazy chizilla races Ollie is 9 weeks old here and otto is a little over a year Ollie's pretty eye
    • Gold Top Dog

Pictures?  You asked for it.  Wink

(Sorry about the size -- I am on dial-up and photobucket is being a PITA)

Puppy chis may have a disproportionately large head.

Baby Beau:

Chis bond very closely with their owner or primary caretaker.

"Where are you going?!"

Just like any other breed, chis require training from an early age.

5 months old and ornrey ;)

A chi's favorite activity...sunbathing:

Chis are extremely entertaining...

"I'm telling you, it was THIS tall!"

Don't let their size fool you...chis are great companions and always up for adventure (just so long as that means being with YOU) Stick out tongue

They can get along great with dogs of all sizes if they are socialized (cats too).

Beau's best friend:

They will find the comfiest spot in the house and claim it if given the chance.

"You move it, you lose it!"

Their tiny size means that they always have to be supervised when outside...they are prey to hawks, owls, coyotes, and many more.  They can also squeeze through the tiniest of gaps or holes, so fencing needs to be secure.

A good example of bad fencing (and long grass):

Chis are hard to resist when they want something.

Beau trying some telapathy:  "You want to pick me up...you want to pick me up...you want to pick me up..."

They are energetic little dogs who looooove to play.

A minature tennis ball is just the right size for them:

After all that playing, they are content to crash...preferably on the softest blanket they can find.

Beau pooped after a long hard day of being a dog:

Again.  This happens a lot around here.

And finally, because of their small size, they do not retain much body heat, nor do they have much fur...so, yes, in cold weather, they do benefit from wearing clothes.  It is not necessarily because the owner thinks it is "cute."  ;)

• Gold Top Dog
    All of your babies are oh so cute! GypsyNBeau- I just woke up like ten minutes and I'm not a morning person. Haven't said a word to anyone in my house yet and that picture with the little tennis ball in Beau's mouth made me go "aww!" aloud. lol
    • Gold Top Dog
    OttoLuv- I love your little babies! I especially love the half n' half face Otto has and Ollies bandit looking eyes.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Kle1986- I love the colors of your baby! I also love her huge eyes and ears.
    • Gold Top Dog

Bkimura28
    All of your babies are oh so cute! GypsyNBeau- I just woke up like ten minutes and I'm not a morning person. Haven't said a word to anyone in my house yet and that picture with the little tennis ball in Beau's mouth made me go "aww!" aloud. lol

Thanks. :)  I went WAY overboard with the pics though...sorry.  If you have any specific questions about Chihuahuas, feel free to ask.  :)

• Gold Top Dog

GypsyNBeau

Bkimura28

Thanks. :)  I went WAY overboard with the pics though...sorry.  If you have any specific questions about Chihuahuas, feel free to ask.  :)

Thanks I'll keep you in mind. Its always nice when someones willing to help you with breed specifics.

P.S. You can NEVER post too many pictures. lol

• Bronze

GypsyNBeau, your puppy Beau has to be one of the cutest Chihuahua's I've seen. Well, I'd put mine before her, but I think any dog lover thinks their own dog is the cutest. :P

Anyways, heres Zelgadis:

Zel

Here we have him with some flowers:

Zel with flowers

Here we have him relaxing in my arms:

Zel relaxed 

And finally, one of my favorite pictures of Zel:

Zel 

• Gold Top Dog

ok. This first little baby is a long-haired mix. Her name is Shelley (or Kelly if she ends up staying.....). She's only about 8 weeks, full of spunk and personality. She has NO idea she is a small dog. Tons of energy, and love. Loves to snuggle, and is great with other dogs and cats. Housetraining is not going as well as I hoped, but we are working on it. We'll get there!

Next is Saidy - another foster I had. She was a bit older, tolerated the other dogs- but did not enjoy them. She was very well mannered, and loved to be with you at all times. Very well housetrained, and was quiet.

Saidy and Casey

Saidy and Buster (another former foster)