what is Micha?

• Gold Top Dog

what is Micha?

Micha is about 11 months old, and very timid. Very nervous, but also headstrong. Wants to do things her way, but will listen after a few attempts. She's a little under weight right now, but not a big girl. About 45 lbs I think - I can easily pick her up and move her... =/

Large head, little body. Has little black spots on her tounge, but that doesn't mean anything at all! Doesn't matter what she is, just curious to hear different opinions!

• Gold Top Dog

I see Lab and maybe Pit bull but I don't know my breeds very well so I could be wrong. 

• Gold Top Dog

When I was younger I had a dog that had the same exact face and body as her, he was only about 30 pounds though and his ears were much higher set. He was a Shar-pei mix. 

• Gold Top Dog

Hmmm...pitty cheeks yes I do see that...the bod tho...so very slender and the coat is tight too...is she solid black to the roots...no shadowing of tan pips or socks or under the tail, etc?

• Gold Top Dog

Her face reminds me of a Shar Pei.  The body... no idea.

• Gold Top Dog

she is solid black, with a bit of a chocolate undertone - in the right light.

bit more info - She is excellent with other dogs, loves to run and be chased - and chase. She loves to be up high - on couchs, benches, beds, etc. No real interest in cats, or other small furry things.

• Gold Top Dog

When I first looked, she screamed pharoah at me. I don't know why though. I know nothing about that breed. So my guess is pharoah/pit (and I'm probably spelling pharoah wrong) 

• Gold Top Dog

Jewlieee

When I first looked, she screamed pharoah at me. I don't know why though. I know nothing about that breed. So my guess is pharoah/pit (and I'm probably spelling pharoah wrong) 

The first pic had me thinking Lab/Pit.  Then I saw the full body shot.  Except for her head and, obvioulsy color, I thought she looked a little like a Pharaoh Hound in that one, too.  However, Pharaoh Hounds aren't all that common.  Given that and her size, maybe she's Whippet/Pit?

• Gold Top Dog

micksmom
    Whippet/Pit?

It's possible. When she runs, she flattens out like a houndy would.

I thought pit mix when I first saw her, but nothing in her temperment it really pit. I was thinking Dane - something in her face/ears - but... that doesn't fit with the other 40 lbs of her... There is mostly some pit in her though - concidering her was bought from a flea market stand when she was a pup Tongue Tied

• Gold Top Dog

I see Doberman in the body and Pit in the face.  It's a crap shoot though--could be some other mix!

• Gold Top Dog

Probably was several things working in there.  Pit/dob/lab/???.  I doubt pharaoh though as they are very rare around here.

Thing is that when you mix enough for a while you end up with a dog that is 40-60 lbs, short haired and *** eared.  That is why they resemble some of the more ancient breeds that haven't been highly diversified.

• Gold Top Dog
    She reminds me of Chewbecca's Ella
    • Gold Top Dog

UndefinedMelody
    She reminds me of Chewbecca's Ella

Very much so, that was stated heavily over in the pictures section. The head esp. Micha's body is a bit smaller and less defined than the beautiful Ella.