Breed Guess..?

• Silver

Breed Guess..?

Hello I just joined so Ill start by saying my names Marissa, 18 from the Tampa Bay area FL, I have 2 dogs and a cat. My question is what breed do you think my puppy looks like? Ive gotten all kinds of responses. Just wondering what you think. Thanks and I look foward to chatting with everyone about their pups!!Big Smile

belleBelle 4months

Most recent (1-15-08)

Sorry theres alot I wanted to show alot of angles.

-Rissa

• Gold Top Dog

hmm.. I'm not so good with puppies and pictures, but from those - she looks like a lab/pit/malinois/something.

What is her personality like? How much does she weight? Where did you get her from (that can sometimes give pretty good clues...)

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Clearwater

• Silver

Hello yeah im considered Pinellas Park, but people normally arent sure where that is if they arent in FL. LoL

Well she is suppose to be Pit and that's all I have heard. I get shepherd mix alot, my vet tHiNkS shepherd/pit but everyone thinks she's just too young to be for sure. She's 5 months old, 26pounds, pretty good dog - learns fast. I got her from an ad on craigslist, and Ive tried NUMEROUS times to get ahold of the guy who I got her from to see pics of parents, no answer. Here is her litter, she's the skinny faced one to the right. LoL I feel her litter looked more pit than her.

• Gold Top Dog

aww. what cuties! I know exactly where that is! down the road a ways. =]

Once she hits around 9-10 months you'll have a much better idea of what she is. She looks a bit like the girl I'm working with right now, but we have no clue what her mix is either. There are pictures of her in the breeds section - Micha.

• Gold Top Dog

With her smaller size (i.e. likely less than 50lbs full grown since she's only 26lbs at 5 mo) I think there has to be something else in her besides just pit/shep/malinois which would've been my first guess.  No idea what though lol.

• Gold Top Dog

unlikely to be shepherd or lab at that size; I'd guess wildly am staff mixed with some type of small smooth-coated terrier?  anyway, who cares, those ears are awesome.

• Gold Top Dog

I see more Malinois than Shepherd.  Pit/Mali/something smaller? 

• Gold Top Dog

There are some real idoits out there purposely crossing malinois and pit bulls.  Looking at the litter pics suggests the pit mal even more.  When you have crosses you can get a real mix of traits.  The puppy could be from  working line malinois, some of them have those big, blocky, heads.  Many working mals have outcrosses to different breeds.  Then those offspring are bred back to mals.  Doesnt appear to be the case here, but you never know.

• Gold Top Dog

Liesje
    Pit/Mali/something smaller

That was my first guess. She's so cute! Going to be beautiful! You can tell by looking at the ears in the litter pictures that they're a mix. The ears are totally different sizes. 

Welcome to the board!  Smile

• Silver

Thanks guys I get the mailnois everywhere I ask this question. "FourIsCompany" are those your dogs? They are all so BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks for the responses guys.

• Bronze

You're Belle looks a little like our Belle....you can see photos in my profile.

Our is just under 50 pounds at 3 years old, and we figure she is a lab/PBT mix.  We have a 6-month old baby in the house too, and we call them Princess One and Princess Two!

Your Belle is adorable and will melt you're heart, I am sure!

• Silver

Aww you have a Belle too!! Awesome. She's beautiful(your belle lol) So cute. I see the similarities!

Thanks, she's melted my heart already.Smile