Hello... Choosing a breed

• Gold Top Dog

yeah my boyfriends uncle(haha sounds funny saying that) has a corgi i love her personality i was thinking of looking for breeders close by which i will do but rescues and shelters are top of my list right now

• Gold Top Dog

Have you tried Petharbor.com?  It lists the urgent / lost pets still in shelters.  There are 130 pages of small dogs listed for the Southern CA area. 

• Gold Top Dog

GoldeeLoxx
    Im really looking in to adoption i think mix breeds have some of the coolest looks i mean its nice know about pure breeds but in the end even pure breeds where mix's somewhere in there past hehe.

You are 100% right about that !! Our beloved Rhodesian Ridgebacks are an odd mix. To look at them you might guess a few of the breeds responsible for the "perfect" hound...

Picture the Rhodesian in your mind's eye  the English and Dutch Settlers in Zimbabwe took approx 7 dog breeds and blended them with the native Khoi Khoi or Hottentot dog a scruffy little dog with a ridge.  They took Mastiffs, Great Danes and Pointers... most of you can see that.. But then they added Bulldogs, Deer Hounds , Pointers and Airdales !!  Pretty amazing that all of these breeds from the giants to the short squatties, the wirey haired to the smooth coats would blend to produce our hounds.

Anyone else know what was blended to make your best friend ??

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

Red Devil*

Have you tried Petharbor.com?  It lists the urgent / lost pets still in shelters.  There are 130 pages of small dogs listed for the Southern CA area. 

not jumping on you just pointing over we have talked about petfinders.com about 3 or 4 times now and i have said that i have been looking at it Smilethanks for the info though and the thought it counts!

• Gold Top Dog

Bonita of Bwana
    Anyone else know what was blended to make your best friend ??

suki, my the smallest dog i lived with is a jack russel/beagle as well as my sisters dog being a cocker/beagle XD also had a husky/german shepherd/chow chow mix once. i think some times the mix breeds pick up the better qualities of the pure breeds