chihuahuas

• Gold Top Dog

chihuahuas

I think they are really cute and would love to own one. My friend has one (3/4 chih 1/4 dachshund) and it is the SWEETEST dog ever! He is obessed with me and likes me more than everyone else (probably since I'm a vistor lol) and he wont leave me alone. If I'm laying on the floor he is right there curled up by my neck, if I am on the couch he is there on my lap, if I'm up walking around he is right behind me. I love her dog! My mom doesnt really like them though...she said almost all the ones that she has met have been really mean and attack. She works at the vets office so she has meet quite a few that come in. My dad really likes them too, he really wants to get one when our foster goes to her new home in 10-12 months (I'm training her as a service dog..). He LOVES them and almost brought one home...but its my mom who doesnt really like them. I know not all of them are mean, probably the way they are raised and how protective they are. I just have a question though, do we socialize them like anyother breed of dog, like taking them to the petstore, to the park, on walks, puppy class (obviously) and let them play with other dogs? I think I'd be afraid another dog would crush them...What would be the best way to socialize them? Are they harder to potty train than any other breed?

And just for the heck of it...a pic of my friends chi-dachshund mix...

[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/lazybutbeautiful93/meanderinnn024.jpg[/IMG]

• Gold Top Dog

Socialize them just like any other breed. I take Kujo every where. I didnt want one of those mean yappy monsters alot of people I know have. Cant stand that. Kujo loves everyone. Especially men!!

I dont think she was hard to potty train. I just had trouble remembering she needed to go out more than bigger dogs!! But she is doing great now. 

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for the help!

Does anyone else have any info on the breed...and maybe some pics? :]

• Gold Top Dog

Here's Kujo. JJ thought it would be funny to name her that and it stuck. She is 8 months old and weighs 2.6 lbs!!