Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Awww! PWD Puppies!
http://www.alerondogs.com/docalypsopwd/puppies.html
  • 1 REPLY
Your Favorite Breed...
Seeing as we have a 'Breeds That Arent For You' thred going - let's see what breeds that you find yourselve smitten with..... For me - Mutts! My cereal box dogs! You never know what your gonna get! Akita's, Rotties, Dane's, Bernese Mt. Dog's, Irish Wolfhound's - I...
  • 56 REPLIES
Lee Lou - What do you think?
This is my friend's dog. She is I think 7 years old. She was found as a stray at a very young age. I've always wondered what you guys would think. She's about 55 pounds, and I think a bit overweight. She's also pretty short which you can see from the pictures.
  • 10 REPLIES
Breed Standards
I hope this is the right place to put this. All the guess the breed posts brought this subject into my mind, the written breed standards, and why we have them. When we quess breeds what we are doing is looking for certain breed specific traits, and this is what a standard does. There are now 4 setter...
  • 7 REPLIES
Great Pyr
Ahh!....people never cease to amaze me. A new client of mine is a Great Pyrense. The family just wants her let out in their yard to potty and put back in her crate. They told me "don't let her bark" because they got to many complaints about it. They then proceeded to tell me "all...
  • 8 REPLIES
Belgian Laekenois or other suggestions...
Anyone ever met/had one? I've always liked the Belgian shepherds (mals in particular, although I think they're a little too much dog for me). I've been looking into different breeds I could get in a couple years when I can focus more seriously on my dogs (right now, with college, two is enough...
  • 9 REPLIES
Guess the breeds - Lynn!
Okay. No fair if you have heard the story and know from another board what Lynn is. I've been meaning to do this for a while - this will be fun because I often interject into the "what breed" discussions that sometimes a dog sort of takes averages from different breeds - or inherits unexpected...
  • 24 REPLIES
Is Coke "herding breed"?
I'm in the process of signing my dogs up for some spring events. Last spring Kenya did a herding test with a good judge and it was really neat. This year I plan to take Nikon, but I was thinking of taking Coke too. I know for these tests the dogs have to be a herding breed. Coke is obviously a mix...
  • 13 REPLIES
Itty Bitty Neekid Puppers...
I'm gonna shoot myself for this(kidding)..... Chinese Crested's.....info please! Any and all! If I ever get a small dog, it will be a Crested or a Pap, and lately I've liked the Neekid's better. Thanks!
  • 21 REPLIES
What kind of dog did I get.
Just got a shelter dog. Can anyone tell me what she is? Chair height [img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/IMGP0824.jpg[/img] Ridge on back. [img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/data/500/IMGP0822.jpg[/img] Fat tail at base, skinny at end. [img]http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery...
  • 2 REPLIES
Tell me about...Dobermans!
Just watching the Eukanuba Nat'l Championships on Animal Planet and they had a striking Dobe. I've always liked Dobermans, met a few, but have never had any extended contact with one. Experiences and info about living with Dobies would be great!
  • 3 REPLIES
atlas terrier?!!!!???
i had never heard of this breed before (strangely), and today i came across it while i was really bored, checking out what wikipedia had to say about jack russells... i guess they're just a non/limited white jack?! it blows my mind really- they're super cute! but i know how strict the jack...
  • 21 REPLIES
Calling All Saluki Owners!
Hello all, My husband and I have decided to get a new dog/puppy to be a companion to our 2 year old Whippet, Qi. We really have fallen for the Saluki ever since we've been going to the Lompoc dog show every year (to see the Whippets). We've have talked to breeders there and they praise the dog...
  • 0 REPLY
Hi! Can I get some help on my pound puppy?
Hello, I recently joined and have had a blast looking around here and reading lots of interesting and useful information. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I would really appreciate some dog people giving me their best educated and knowledgable input as to what breed my Humane Society rescued...
  • 14 REPLIES
Can I ask what kind of mix you think Ty was?
Ty was such a beautiful dog and I never knew what mix he was. I always thought he might be part akita or if not, then part chow, but I never could guess the rest. I never got to talk about it with any breed experts before so I wanted to ask you guys. His whole litter was at the pound. He was the only...
  • 8 REPLIES
Is this shelter dog a GSD?
There's this dog at the shelter I volunteer at, but I haven't seen her in person yet, cause I haven't been there since she has, but I saw her on the website. She caught my eye for obvious reasons, and I thought to myself that she'd probably be there 3 days max...but that was over a month...
  • 13 REPLIES
Need breed suggestions
I still can't figure out why this direct link to the photos won't work for me, so I've posted the links and you will have to copy and paste. This first little girl, size range maybe of a miniature poodle, was going to be euthanized. She was brought to the shelter and there was no way that...
  • 7 REPLIES
shelter breed designations LOL
Our county shelter assigns the most ridiculous breed names to dogs - and I am not breed expert but it is absolutely laughable to me. I was just wandering through petfinder looking at GSP's and was astonished at some of the "gsp's" I saw. I mean goodness at least call them a mix or something...
  • 16 REPLIES
Anyone have an idea what breeds Bandit is?
This is Bandit around 1 yr old. His fur is only soft on his head and front of his legs everywere else is very corse and think. It is about an inch long also. He has webbed toes and and overbite that gets bigger as he gets older, his bottom teeth are almost 1/2 an inch farther out then his top. He is...
  • 23 REPLIES
Breed guess Apollo!
Alrighty.....I always wanted to do this on Apollo but never got around to it.... What do you think he is? Any guesses? So far I've heard poorly bred Lab and Lab/hound. Clues: he's 110lbs longer than tall heavy boned lots of loose skin under his neck has...
  • 27 REPLIES