Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Breed clubs
What are the benefits of registering with a breed club? I'm thinking about registering Sandy with the JRT club of Canada but I don't see the benefits at the moment. I've never been a member of anything like it so I'm not to sure. Advice please.
  • 10 REPLIES
Lucy
Hey I am still wondering what kind of dog people think lucy is. She is about 1 foot tall and very playfull. She has very soft fur and a great nose. I think that I have a picture of her on the post but i am not positive but she is in my profile.
  • 17 REPLIES
Guess Bugsy's breeds
Ok dog breed experts let me hear your best guesses - we don't' and will never know exactly He is just shy of 29” at the withers and is slightly taller than long (28”). He has a long thin tail that is UP or out most of the time. It is rarely down. His current weight is 106.8lbs and I think...
  • 28 REPLIES
Alrighty, more breed guessing...(2shelties)
I've had Scarlett for a few months now...I got her from a rural animal control facility and she was listed as an Australian Shepherd...she's small though, so I've been calling her a mini aussie. Problem is, as she gets older she's looking less and less like any kind of aussie. What I...
  • 8 REPLIES
Mitzi the..........??????
What breed/breeds would you say Mitzi is?
  • 14 REPLIES
Breed Question
You may have seen my previous post, asking about Golden Retrievers. I even found a sweet puppy that I was going to move forward on until talking to my vet and getting the ins & outs of particular local breeders. I want a sweet, loving, loyal dog but I don't want to support breeders who are in...
  • 17 REPLIES
pls help n identify Whiskey' s breed!.....
Hello there, i have just bought this cute dog... The seller told me that, he is a Japanese mix dog.... But i have no idea what this reed actually is. mind to help out? thnx. You will find more pix from my photo profiles....
  • 11 REPLIES
Doberman Pinschers- VWD question
Hi everyone, I am seriously looking to acquire a female dobe pup to show in a year or so. I've been researching the breed, and read about the high rates of von Willebrand's disease. While looking online at a certain Dobe's pedigree, I noticed that many dogs who were VWD carriers were bred...
  • 4 REPLIES
Anyone know about Merles and deafness/blindness in aussies?
If two aussie merles accidentally mate, is it just the pure whites or the ones with white around the eyes and ears who are at risk, or can the ones with solid coloration be at risk as well? Mom is a red merle, dad is a blue merle. 2 babies are blue merles, 2 babies are solid livers with white blazes...
  • 24 REPLIES
good apartment dogs?
Does anyone have any suggestions for good breed or types of apartment dogs? Obviously an older dog might tend to sleep more during the day and not bark so much, but what about for the breed? I know people automatically think tiny small dogs, and most places have size restrictions.. Any suggestions...
  • 48 REPLIES
See my post about the Missouri 75 - GSP's in need!
I put a post out there under Advocacy. Check out the links and help if you can. There were many GSP's rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri. The owner had torched the place!
  • 0 REPLY
Herders & Eye Contact
WOW! I cannot say enough about the eye contact I saw given by the herders in class last night. There was a BC, 2 Aussies, and a Belgian Tervuran (sp?), 2 Irish Water Spaniels (what unusual dogs!), and Jeremy and I with Apollo. One Aussie was fear reactive towards men. I had Jeremy at class with me...
  • 17 REPLIES
George the.....?
Jack Russell Terrier...... At least according to the shelter my cousin adopted him from when he was a puppy. What do you think? JRT or not? ;) Sorry these are the only pics I have and they're from my phone which is really crappy. With Em (I swear his tail goes 90 miles an hour all the time): [IMG...
  • 6 REPLIES
Maremma opinions, please
I think Ive found a guard dog for my sheep, but would like some input. Here are the pics in the ad. http://www.puppyfind.com/view_photo/?breed_id=122&list_id=pdcc15ex9o&img_id=lb9wtb9x17k&back=%2Ffor_sale%2F%3Fbreed_id%3D122%26country%3D%26state%3D%26page%3D1%26order_by%3Drand%26back%3D%252Fbreed...
  • 7 REPLIES
Lucy the...
Hey can anyone give me an idea of what kind of breeds you think Lucy is? She is my icon. SHe weighs 11.6 pounds is a great sniffer, calm but playful,1foot tall and she has big paws but short legs.
  • 7 REPLIES
What breed is this puppy?
So, I posted a couple of days ago that I was going to get this one puppy, but was having trepidation (i.e. cold feet). After much consideration, I told the fella I would not be taking her. Something didn't feel right. Fast forward to early this morning. I was still on the lookout for a pup, but figured...
  • 20 REPLIES
Need multi-breed info! Please!
I have changed my senior project....again! LOL! But, my evil english teacher likes this one a lot better. My new subject is..... Choosing the right Dog for You! Yup! So, I'm going over : Breeds, Training, Grooming, Feeding, Vet Care, Spay/Neutering, and Shelter dog/Mutt vs. Purebred/Breed-By Dog's...
  • 10 REPLIES
New Guess the Breeds - Easy One
This is our new neighbor's dog. She's the one you hear barking now when I post a training video of Ted herding. Jasmine is about three years old, very playful and clever, extremely active, can't be trusted off leash or she will run and not come back, and is fiercely territorial. But she...
  • 16 REPLIES
"Blue" GSD's?
Saw this ad on the local news website, any GSD people want to chime in on these puppies?? LINK < to the ad LINK < to the kennel website mods - please move, I wasn't sure if this was Breeding, or Health, or Gen.
  • 29 REPLIES
Doberman Owners
I am getting insanely jealous that all these other breeds have a thread, and our wonderful, brilliant, loyal, loving babies don't have a thread of their own. So who has a dobie? What is his/her name? Give me all the particulars. I have one Doberman of my own. Bevo is a 3.5 year old, neutered male...
  • 29 REPLIES