Is he all Lab? (BlackLabbie)

• Gold Top Dog

Is he all Lab? (BlackLabbie)

A few people in the Labrador Retriever Club suggested I get Apollo his AKC, PAL/ILP so he can compete (someday) in AKC events they hold. I'm a little worried about applying because I'm not sure he looks Lab enough. The worst that can happen they said "no" and me being out $35.

003 by you.

006 by you.

• Gold Top Dog

He'll be fine, he looks like a Lab and little else, to me.

• Gold Top Dog

Totally agree with Gina.  I saw dogs run AKC Hunt Tests that looked way less labbie than Apollo and they all had no problem getting their ILP registration.  There was one dog with a naturally short tail and a white chest patch almost as big as Bugsy's white patch. lol  

• Gold Top Dog

Apollo looks all blacklabbie to me too!  Go for it.  Smile

• Gold Top Dog

I think he looks all lab. He looks dead on my grandparents old lab, Razzie Flower. I wish i had a pic of her...she was a cool dog. 

• Gold Top Dog

OK, we're going to go for it! Thanks guys!

ETA: Those pics, btw, were my attempt at stacking Apollo, hahahaha!

• Gold Top Dog

Funny, Stephanie, I never thought Apollo was anything but Lab.  Glad you decided to go for the ILP!

• Gold Top Dog

micksmom

Funny, Stephanie, I never thought Apollo was anything but Lab.  Glad you decided to go for the ILP!

Sometimes he can look like he has some hound in him, but, I really think he is all Lab.

• Gold Top Dog

BlackLabbie

Sometimes he can look like he has some hound in him, but, I really think he is all Lab.

There were a couple of purebred field bred yellow Lab pups (siblings) in class awhile ago that looked a little houndy at times, too.  I don't think you'll have a problem ILPing him.

• Gold Top Dog

Pfft! I've seen dogs WAY less Labby than that, at dog shows. Some of them weren't even ILP dogs! I got Emma's ILP, no problem, and I've not regretted it for one second. Go for it! Competing has been really good for Emma, and a lot of fun. I think, that if you and Apollo are into it, it'll be great for him, too. Seeing all those dogs in such an exciting environment.... she's learned a lot about "settling".