Mitzi the..........??????

• Bronze

Mitzi the..........??????

What breed/breeds would you say Mitzi is?

• Gold Top Dog

Blue-brindle Pibble(Pit Bull)!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a doll she is!

• Bronze

Thanks!  Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

what's her weight?

She looks like a larger-end pitty. Maybe a little mastiff mixed in there for size?

What a pretty girl, either way!

• Bronze

She comes up to my knee and is 65-70lbs. Is that big?

• Gold Top Dog
    She looks pure Pitt Bull to me.
    • Bronze

I'm just curious mostly. I don't care what she is but for some reason whenever I got to the dog park someone always asks and wants to debate the fact that she's a pure pit bull. My step-daughter gave her to us when she was 10 months old and says she got her from a breeder. But the guys at the dog park say she's not beefy enough and doesn't have a wide/square enough head to be pure.

When I look at pictures of dogs considered "pit bulls" on line there seems to be a wider range of differences in pit bulls. I've had a few people mention the blue nose brindle and from what I can find she looks most like them.

Again, just curious......I'd just like the guys at the park to shut up.

• Gold Top Dog

She's on the bigger end for a pit - but that doesn't mean she's not pure. They are breeding them bigger, and bigger. Generally, a female pitty is around 40 lbs, roughly.

The head is all pit - so I don't know what they are talking about there!

• Bronze

It's usually the young males in their 20's.....I think it's because they have friends who have the stocky, tough looking pits and that's all they know.

• Gold Top Dog

an actual APBT is not a large dog...they tend more towards the "terrier" side of things. The "Pitbull" people have out there now...which I kinda consider the Hippo type are the big headed/fronted dogs that tend to look overdone. She has a Pit like head and smile...but her body type seems on the larger/longer end to me. Not as compact of frame...more rangy and long...and quite deep chested.

I would not doubt there is something else in there since when people these days breed "pits" they often use dogs of questionable heritage. I could believe Bullmastiff or American Bulldog.

• Gold Top Dog

We often , meet purebreds who are not perfect examples of the breed they hold papers in. She has a spot on head piece and her coat and marking would make me think without heasitation Pitt Bull, Granted her bone in legs etc is on the lighter side, but again I have seen that more times than I could possibly count. If you feel she is not 100% you can always tell anyone asking she came from a Pitt Momma and a Handsome Stranger Father.. She is very pretty. Have you gottenher into a good training class or program? It would be a really good thing for everyone concerned!

Good Luck she is lovely

Bonita of Bwana

Mom to a Mtzee of my own...

• Gold Top Dog

She looks like a pittie to me with something else, so many variations in this breed.  Just tell the guys at the dog park that she is pit bull and French circus dog. LOL  That should shut them up till they can go and look it up. 

She is a gorgeous dog!!

• Gold Top Dog

If not a pit bull she kind of reminds me of a presa canario or cane corso, but i could be very wrong.

• Gold Top Dog

RidgebackGermansShep

If not a pit bull she kind of reminds me of a presa canario or cane corso, but i could be very wrong.

the head is not shaped right... but I wouldn't doubt if some Italian Mastiff (cane corso) was mixed in there somewhere in her breeding history for their size.

she sure is a pretty, pit, to me!