Your Favorite Breed...

• Gold Top Dog

I own my top three, Shelties, Aussies, and Border Collies....I will likely stick with these three, but I am interested in Rough Collies and Papillons too....and I like Finnish Laphunds and Silken Windhounds, but won't likely own one due to availability.

• Bronze

Afghan Hounds, Border Terriers, Shiba Inu--what do they have in common?  A wonderful self-possessed feral quality.  By the by, Afghan Hounds are NOT hard to keep groomed--silly myth--and they shed less than many short-coated dogs.  They are King of Dogs, filled with the mystery and glory of the ancient lands they coursed and ain't NUTHIN' more glorious than an Afghan Hound in full flight.  They are smart, independant, athletic and powerful--that's why I have 'em and raise a litter (full testing done) once in a great while.  Can't imagine life without 'em.

• Gold Top Dog

All dogs!!!!  I love mutts first and foremost, and I find it interesting how they can take the features and traits of the different mixed in breeds and have a little of everything in there.  Actual purebred dogs I like most (not in any particular order) are flat coated retrievers, Great Pyrenees, golden retrievers, border collies, English springer spaniels, labradors, schnauzers (I've had two), and in the tiny dog category I like a Yorkie!  There are many others though that I admire when I see them....Beardies, GSD's, Akitas, Weimaraners, Huskys, etc....

• Gold Top Dog

loves....

the dogue de bordeaux(own one)

presa canario(own & will NEVER be w/out one)

bullmastiff(my sister owns one)

south african boerboel, co & cao, neos, corso, fila, tosa & dobies.  i also love pugs & westies too

• Gold Top Dog
    Well I love bichons (have 2) and I ADORE standard and mini poodles. I'd love to have a silver female standard, and/or a large mini poodle. I also love the parti's (well bred/correct conformation). My wizkid minpin has me completely burned out with any male dogs at the moment. I might be able to get over that eventually, but anyway. I also love Bernese Mountain dogs, Goldens and fuzzy mutts- like a spanielly mix or beardie mix, something like that.
    • Gold Top Dog

well considering i OWN a golden retriever, an akita, a beauceron, and a Tibetan Mastiff...i guess most people can figure out i LOVE large breeds!

If i had to pick one favorite..it would be the Beauceron, - beauty, intelligence, trainability, independence, athletic, affectionate..what dont they have?

but i also like most of the sighthounds (salukis and afs alot!), and most working and herding breeds- malinois, border collie, presa canario, dogo, irish setter

but if i guess i HAD to own a small breed dog...it would be an Italian Greyhound or a japanese chin..cute cute..but theres just too many large dogs id rather own....maybe one day if i've owned the 20+ diff. breeds on my top fave list i'll make it to a small breed. lol

• Puppy

I Love Big Dogs, My Favorite Are Rottweilers & German Shephards.

I Want A Dog For Protection & Loyalty  So I Think These 2 Would Be Perfect:)

• Gold Top Dog

I love a lot of the old breeds that need a bit of respect. I'm mad about Tibetan Mastiffs and Canaan Dogs. I SO had Canaans on my list for the next dog, but then the only breeder in Australia moved away and took all but one of her dogs. The one left was desexed because Dingo people were eyeing him off. I could have cried.

Basenjis are awesome and I find them irresistable.

Lots of spitz breeds that aren't just a big tumbleweed of fluff. Love spitzes. Racing huskies give me shivers, although I will never have one. Karelian Bear Dogs are also something to behold.

I would like to have an Akita one day. When I can convince my partner we have the room. I think we do now but he disagrees.

I would absolutely have a Swedish Vallhund.

I also like some of the hounds, particularly Borzois and Salukis.  

• Gold Top Dog

Scnauzies, hands down. I would love to have one of each size some day.

Breeds I want to one day have - Manchester, Boxer, Doberman, Pittie or Pittie cross.

Breeds I love but may never have - Italian Greyhound, Greyhound.

There are so many, though.

• Gold Top Dog

Calinisima

I think all dogs are attractive in a way. I do love my Neapolitan Mastiff and I think I would get another one some day, a sister for Thor is in our list, but not for the next 3 years (I think).

If I get another breed it will be a Bernese or a Swiss Mountain, a Great Dane or a Bugsy (if I can find one).

well despite my name, It is easier for me to tell you the breeds that I don't like. I am not that keen on Dobes, some short whie fluffies and that is about it. I have always wanted a Neo. But above all I don't think any household is right with out the" three" major breeds,  Toy, Mini and Standard Poodles.

I have had a Lab, and I am just getting over his passing. He was a real dog. Unbelievable . Not one of your "good with families dog" but a full on rip snorter dog that just loved a day's work. Would I have another one? Not at the moment. It would be unfair for the next Lab. Also I am not doing so well on the Injury front, and the idea of being jerked around even a little these days Is in not good. My wife doesn't like the constant fur drops, the slobber and the clumsiness. But  if the right puppy turned up from the right lines, well maybe it wouldn't take much budging.

• Gold Top Dog
    i love siberian huskies. always have and always will. some other dogs i like that i could possibly see myself owning are: shiba inu, malamute, golden lab, doberman, rottweiler, beagle, alaskan klee klai, and possibly a shorthaired westie. some dogs i like that i wouldn't be able to own: teacup yorkie (my friend had one but its too small for me), a tibetan mastiff (saw it on westminster last night and i love the way it looks) and a great dane. i'm sure there's more that i just can't think of right now.
    • Bronze

My favorite would have to be mixed-breeds, cause they somehow seem to capture good qualities and characteristics of each breed, most of the time anyways. I love their uniqueness, and originality. They truly are, one of a kind. Plus, it's always fun trying to figure out what type of mix they are.

My family has had many Shiba Inus in the past, but I think I've had my share of those little cuties. My current favs are probably medium-large breed, ball-a-holic type dogs like Australian Shepherds, Staffies, and APBTs. I still have a soft spot for teeny Chihuahuas though!