Nutrition & Exercise

Nutrition & Exercise
Gravy?
A friend of mine recommended putting gravy in with my dog's dry food to make it more appetising but I'm worried about the amount of salt that's in gravy :S any suggestions?
  • 2 REPLIES
Too much choice!
why are there so many different brands to choose from for dog food, everyone recommends something different, but which is honestly the best? I want the best value for money that won't break the bank but still be something that my dog loves to eat and will keep him healthy
  • 4 REPLIES
Wagon Train Treats
As hard as I tried, could not find how to post a new topic in nutrition and Exercise...so posting on Quick Post. Sorry if this is not the correct thing to do but have no more time to waste trying to find where to post. With Gibbys accident...so many wonderful people sending him things..toys and treats...
  • 2 REPLIES
Northern Tools Meat Grinder.
I got my NT meat grinder today, was on sale at Amazon.com for 79.00, which is a great price. I wanted it to grind chicken wings and maybe possibly pork riblets. The Riblets were a bit tough to get through and the chicken wings went through like butter. It's a bit loud but not deafening. I think...
  • 3 REPLIES
Whole Dog Journal
Here is the list of WDJ's approved dry foods for 2012. Companies with an asterisk (*) are new on the list this year. Addiction Foods Ainsworth Pet Nutrition Annamaet Pet Foods Artemis Pet Foods Bench & Field Pet Foods Blue Buffalo Company Breeder's Choice Pet Foods...
  • 8 REPLIES
Dog Pancreatitis - Low Fat Home cooked meals
Hi - my dog Charlie has recently been diagnosed with pancreatitis & has been home from overnight vet hospitalisation for 3 days. I've been given Royal Canin low fat food from the vet & Charlie has today even back for blood tests. I'm interested in cooking low fat home made foods as a...
  • 8 REPLIES
dog treats
I make my own treats and dogs just go crazy over them. I don't buy any commercial dog food or treats, unfortunately you can't trust the dog food companies and where they get their ingredients. I want to share how I make my treats with the dog community I use beef heart and kidney, pork heart...
  • 1 REPLY
What Is Your Dog's Favorite Treat(s)?
Hi Friends! I'm curious...what treat(s) do your dogs go gaga for? What treat(s) do you give them for behavior training? Your friend, Buster
  • 10 REPLIES
Some new Dahlia videos
Dahlia and I took a break from trialing this year for the most part. She was struggling with distraction and after being attacked by another dog, she started to get nervous if another dog barked at her. Which happens at some trials! We had a few really disastrous trials where she shut down completely...
  • 8 REPLIES
Allergy Food Suggestions
About a year after wrecking my brains trying to find a food to feed my dogs, I am in the same boat again...lol. So, I did a lot of research on foods and decided grain free was the way to go. It seems like ever since I started feeding grain free, two of my dogs have started suffering from skin issues...
  • 5 REPLIES
Pro plan duo delice
What do people think of it? Beef ingredients : Beef (17%), Wheat, Maize, Dehydrated poultry protein, Animal fat, Wheat gluten meal, Dried beet pulp, Maize grits, Rice (4%), Minerals, Digest, Propylene glycol, Dried egg, Fish oil, Malt flour. Chicken ingredients: Chicken (17%), Wheat, Maize, Dehydrated...
  • 3 REPLIES
Dog food recommendation
I need a recommendation for a high fiber dog food wet and dry. High protein dog foods are not doing well for his triglycerides or liver function test. Help!
  • 2 REPLIES
Krill Oil vs Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil
I came across info regarding Krill Oil that was quite interesting. It looks to be even better than Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil. Has anyone tried it? Details are available here - http://www.askariel.com/product_details.asp?ItemID=Neptune_Krill_Oil Any comments or input would be great! Thanks! [ ]
  • 10 REPLIES
Solid Gold bought by Purina?
Some of you know that Jessie has to be on a low fat diet because she has chronic pancreatitis. She has been doing well on Solid Gold Holistique Blendz (6% fat). I add meat because it's only 18% protein. Unlike some of Solid Gold's formulas, it is not made by Diamond. Anyway, there was none...
  • 2 REPLIES
Do raw fed dogs live longer?
On another thread it was mentioned that some raw fed Labs live to be 16 so I was wondering if those of you who feed raw have dogs that have lived beyond the life expectancy for their breed or have personal knowledge of other raw fed dogs that have; from other boards you're a member of, etc. From...
  • 51 REPLIES
Grasshoppers
Here I go again, grasshoppers seem to be the latest game and snack. Now, she won't leave them alone and eats them left and right (they are everywhere here, pretty hard to control it) Anything I should worry about with them. Freida just makes me laugh and then roll my eyes.
  • 1 REPLY
Callie, in here please :)
Callie, do you think I can do your basic recipe raw instead of cooked? I've been using it as a topper for the most part but thinking maybe of using it as a sole raw diet. I think I'd mix the meat and calcium separate and then cook the veggies separately, cool and then mix with the meat. ...
  • 0 REPLY
Orijen Senior
So I started Grey on Orijen Senior. Wow, what a potent smell when you open the bag. Good grief! Are all their varieties as smelly? Grey could care less. He eats turds (no matter what I do lol), so he's doesn't exactly have the most refined tastes.
  • 1 REPLY
Top 10 Wholesome Dog Treats
Here are top 10 wholesome dog treats you can make at home: 1.Dog Cookies: Include kiss me cookies, peanut butter cookies, pink delight paw print cookies, etc. that are specially made for puppies. 2.Pumpkin: You can use wheat cream or rolled oats with pumpkins. There is no need to cook first; you...
  • 0 REPLY
Abady dog food recall
Robert Abady Dog Food Recall
  • 0 REPLY