Nutrition & Exercise

Nutrition & Exercise
Well that lasted long..
I retired Maze last season after completing her novice rally O title since I could see that she really didn't enjoy the atmosphere.. So I turned my training focus on to Sandy and Dodger for now while waiting for some tracking classes to open up for Maze. I didn't stop working her, I just didn't...
  • 2 REPLIES
Training the Supervised Separation for CGC
I need some tips on how to train for this. Luke and I did the CGC yesterday, and he would have passed if not for this section. I sort of knew going into it that if he was going to fail, this was probably it . I couldn't have asked for better performance on the rest of it. He did everything beautifully...
  • 8 REPLIES
Lapphund or English Coonhound folks WANTED
CROSSPOSTED, from the WKC FB Page: I am looking for contacts for Lapphunds and American English Coonhounds, two of the new breeds eligible for Westminster in February. If you know or if you are a breeder, club member, or knowledgable dog person for these two breeds, please contact me directly....
  • 1 REPLY
National Take a Hike Day - TODAY!
Exercise is so important and there is nothing like a fun hike for you and your pooch. We encourage you to get out with them and hike as much as you can, today especially. I am a huge advocate of exercising your dog, keeps the happy and healthy. I try to hike with my dogs at least 2 to 3 times a week...
  • 0 REPLY
The world's most ridiculous agility dog!
Dahlia and I went to a CPE trial last weekend and had a BLAST. She got two Q's (one in Jackpot and one in Standard) and ended up getting a mini-title because of the Standard Q. We're just Level 1 and so we're just sort of figuring this stuff out. Here's my ridiculously happy...
  • 26 REPLIES
Biting his feet until bleeding
Bichon is over 10 years old. Is there anything to prevent them from chewing their own feet? I feel like it is an allergy but what do you do? Also, he was so very ill for over a week. Vet just had no ideas that seemed logical to us. Finally did blood work and the only thing she said was his liver was...
  • 2 REPLIES
High Liver Enzymes-Need new food suggestions
Both of my dogs went in today to get dentals and Izzy can't get hers because when they did her blood work and she has high liver enzymes. Now they are doing some more blood tests and making me change her diet and put her on medicine. I am going with it for now until I can do some more research. They...
  • 9 REPLIES
Bravo Dog and Cat Food Recall
Details here; http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/bravo-dog-cat-food-recall/
  • 0 REPLY
Treat Recall
There doesn't seem to be a section for posting recalls like there was on the old forum so I hope this is okay. Kong Aussie sticks have been recalled because of mold. The ones being recalled were only sold at PetSmart. Here's the specifics; http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/kong...
  • 0 REPLY
Pressure Canned Chicken Thighs
I make home made dog food for my dogs, as well. We buy chicken thighs in bulk and then pressure can them for the dogs. I know I am not supposed to feed dogs cooked chicken bones because of the splintering. The pressure canned bones seem very soft to me. The question I have is this: could I blend all...
  • 2 REPLIES
Friends! Could you help to take a survey about pet food? Thanks! It's...
Dear friends!! I am a student in Edinburgh University, and I am doing my research about ethics in pet food ingredient labeling. Could you help me to fill a survey for me? The survey link is www.surveymonkey.com/s/IEPFIL . THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • 0 REPLY
PrideBites: Play WITH Your Dog!
This is one of the most adorable advertisements that we have ever seen! We, as dog lovers, want nothing more than to play with our dog. For many, playing with your dog is the best part of your day! So take a moment, share a smile and play with your dog! Want to know more about PrideBites? Named "Dog...
  • 0 REPLY
Best kind of dog for for a senior dog??
Right now my dog, Bailey, is on Purina Dog Chow. We would like to change her food from that to something more healthy and good for her. She is a 9 year old yellow lab who weighs about 80 pounds. She is a little overweight and could loose a few pounds :) . She gets walked almost every day and is an indoor...
  • 3 REPLIES
high fiber recommendations for anal gland problems
my poor 7 month poodle has been having anal gland issues. for the past 2 months or so, they have had to been expressed every 3 weeks or so at the vet.i had him expressed at the beginning of december, but over the holidays i noticed he was scooting a little bit when we were out of town. he didn't...
  • 29 REPLIES
Homemade Dog Food
I know I have read some threads about homemade dog food, wondering do any of you make your own? What is a good source for the needed ingredients to make cooked homemade dog food? The reason I am considering this is because I always run into problems with dry dog food, I buy good quality food and it always...
  • 16 REPLIES
What brand of food is good for small dogs?
I give Luca natural Choice, but i have notice that he has allergies and many times he doesnt want to eat it unless we mixed it with apples or pears or any other food. Please help
  • 2 REPLIES
Hitting the Trails
Hit the trails this morning before church! The dogs had a blast! Hope everyone had a great Palm Sunday!
  • 2 REPLIES
Orijen to Canidae
I decided to make the switch from Orijen: Six Fish to Canidae: PURE Sky (both are grain-free). It is cheaper in larger quantity and also can be found at PETCO in addition to smaller pet specialty stores (which gives me more flexibility on where I can purchase it). So far they seem to love it! Happy with...
  • 3 REPLIES
Gravy?
A friend of mine recommended putting gravy in with my dog's dry food to make it more appetising but I'm worried about the amount of salt that's in gravy :S any suggestions?
  • 2 REPLIES
Too much choice!
why are there so many different brands to choose from for dog food, everyone recommends something different, but which is honestly the best? I want the best value for money that won't break the bank but still be something that my dog loves to eat and will keep him healthy
  • 4 REPLIES