Nutrition & Exercise

Nutrition & Exercise
Use of MEGA-C PLUS ?
Has anyone fed this supplement ( MEGA-C PLUS) to a growing Pup ? It has been recommended by my Lab Pup's breeder to add to California Natural Lamb and Rice dry diet. According to my breeder the California Natural Diet was developed with the help of Dr Belfield and has a long standing relationship...
  • 12 REPLIES
Letting my dog out when needed
I just got my Bow Wow Button. I love it. I recorded a message in this gadget. When Missy wants to go potty she pushes the button using her paw and the message speaks out loud and clear,"Please open the door for me to go out" It's really cool. You should check it out. Bowwowbutton.com. I...
  • 5 REPLIES
Liver Failure Reversal Diet
Hi, I am trying to get the word out to as many dog lovers as possible. Here is my story. Our 9yo female Golden Retriever, Powder (she's a rare white blonde), was sick with liver failure. We had been called home early from a vacation by our pet sitter. When I returned home, she had crawled into...
  • 52 REPLIES
Is raw pork OK for dogs?
We have a some feral hog that has been in freezer over a year that we would like to feed the dogs, we plan on cooking the meat. Is it OK to feed the bones raw?
  • 9 REPLIES
im unsure as to how much i should feed my 6 month old boxer/pitbull...
can someone clue me in please...not just on how much i should feed him but everything in general. please
  • 2 REPLIES
My Dog Wants A Cat, And A Horse, And A Baby Pig Apparently
So, my dog Diego is a huge fan of all other animals. He is very gentle and deferential in that he maintains a respectful distance, smiles, goes into play bow and then in uber-slow motion like a bad actor collapses onto the ground. If the other animal wants to play then he is all for a funny slow-mo game...
  • 1 REPLY
DOG NOSE AND EYE SWOLLEN
So my dog has been sneezing a lot recently (past week or so), and it seems to increase when hes outdoors in my backyard. and just this morning i woke up and noticed that his nose was slightly swollen. later i came home and his whole nose and eyes were swollen. his eyes were red.
  • 3 REPLIES
Potato skins
Is it okay to give your dog potato skins...such as sweet potatoes? I have been feeding him regular skins...... now cooking sweet potatoes for tomorrow...... but as I am going thru home cooking reading on the Interenet....there is soooooo much talk about the skins...especially of sweet potatoes.
  • 9 REPLIES
The easiest way to stop your dog's Bad Breath
We all hate it when it happens. And I believe whether it’s from human or pet it equally irritating and disgusting as well. Yeah, you got me right. I am talking about Bad Breath. I can imagine how blush-making situation it will be when your beloved dog is reclining on its Byte Best chew resistant...
  • 2 REPLIES
100 Human Foods For Dogs - Great Guide To Keep Handy
I just finished putting this all together and wanted to share with you! It's a list of the top 100 human foods dogs can and can't eat. It's pretty cool, take a look and let me know what you think! http://nextpup.com/dog-foods/can-dogs-eat-it-cookbook/ Best, Brian
  • 1 REPLY
Choosing a good puppy food
I am loo king for advice on how to pick a good puppy food. I would like to hear opinions and why you like certain foods etc. Thanks in Advance. 12 week old chow he came with B eneful puppy food.
  • 8 REPLIES
Probably going to get a dog soon
Hi, I've been placed in charge of its diet per my request of my family, so, where should I start with vegan dog nutrition? I know UV has a video on vegan cat nutrition, and I'm otherwise not sure where to start. Furthermore, what other things should I know about dog ownership...
  • 2 REPLIES
My 4month pit is a very picky eater
I've tried blue...she threw it up.tried eukanuba she vomited once.but she loves Purina puppy chow but it makes her bowels runny.what can I give her?
  • 1 REPLY
potato skins?
i have read in posts that potato skins are very bad for dogs period. i have also read in other posts that potato skins are healthy as long as there are no green spots or eyes. anyone know the truth about potato skins?
  • 12 REPLIES
Believe In Yourself
  • 0 REPLY
Ruff guide to walking dog in wellies - infographic
Hey guys I thought I would share with you this cool infographics i did on walking your dog in wellies. No spamming intended I would love to get your feedback! Original can be found here: http://www.easy-wellies.co.uk/dog-walking/infographics Thanks!
  • 0 REPLY
Raw Diets the only way to go
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was one of those dog owners that lost 5 young dogs to Menu foods years ago. I got with a vet Dr. TomLonsford who noticed in his small animal practice that the dogs on commercial feed were coming down with abnormal diseases. So he put all his clients on a raw food...
  • 0 REPLY
Crunchy Honey Cinnamon Dog Biscuits
Looking for a fun seasonal treat for your dogs? We just had to share this idea with everyone on community! It is fun, simple and tasty! They sound so good WE want to eat some! :) Crunchy Honey Cinnamon Dog Biscuits Ingredients: 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup honey 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 egg...
  • 4 REPLIES
While working Dodger at home
While working Dodger at home, Maze would do the exercises with us, stating quite loudly that she was not ready to retire from Obedience. So after speaking to my trainer, it was decided that Maze would go back to school. We've spoken to some other students about having Maze in the area, there will...
  • 1 REPLY
Our Beginner Novice debut today wasn't too shabby...
We got a 191 1/2 out of a possible 200, despite me shaking so hard the stewards thought I was going to fall on the figure 8s. LOL We lost points pretty much where I thought we would- I just thought we'd lose a lot more. Somehow, I held it together enough that I didn't cry when we were done.
  • 9 REPLIES