Well that lasted long..

• Gold Top Dog

Well that lasted long..

I retired Maze last season after completing her novice rally O title since I could see that she really didn't enjoy the atmosphere..  So I turned my training focus on to Sandy and Dodger for now while waiting for some tracking classes to open up for Maze. I didn't stop working her, I just didn't do obedience with her.

While working Dodger at home, Maze would do the exercises with us, stating quite loudly that she was not ready to retire from Obedience.   So after speaking to my trainer, it was decided that Maze would go back to school. We've spoken to some other students about having Maze in the area, there will be barriers set up and a third person there to buffer as needed. I stated quite plainly that Maze does not like dogs in her face so don't be shocked if I walk away. The other students are quite happy and willing to help us out and Maze will be refreshed to ignore the other dogs while working.

She LOVES being in the ring, it's outside of the ring that causes problems.. 

And in the new year we will go for our advanced title

• Gold Top Dog

They sure know how to let us know what they want, don't they?  He he

• Puppy

SO! I took everyone's advice and decided to do some more proofing. Since I lack access to the many different sizes in dogs, I decided to head to the pet store and work there. They have a resident chinchilla and a few hamsters which make great distractions. Specially Trey the Chin since he LOVES...??

------------------

watson