The world's most ridiculous agility dog!

• Gold Top Dog

The world's most ridiculous agility dog!

Dahlia and I went to a CPE trial last weekend and had a BLAST. She got two Q's (one in Jackpot and one in Standard) and ended up getting a mini-title because of the Standard Q. We're just Level 1 and so we're just sort of figuring this stuff out.

Here's my ridiculously happy monster and her ribbons.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/crysania4/7523037872/][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8154/7523037872_024706e151_z.jpg[/img][/url]

Anyway, that's not the ridiculous part. The VIDEO is. My instructor videotaped our Jackpot run. Here's the fun thing about it: (1) I started in a place I totally didn't start in because everyone else did. Oops! (2) So I had NO PLAN on where to go after the first few obstacles. (3) Which meant I had NO IDEA where I needed to throw in a front cross (as we're not up on rears yet).

Dahlia had fun even though I looked like a moron! One of these days I swear I'll get a video of a GOOD run!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09CG7hVWbEI

• Gold Top Dog
    Congratulations! Dahlia, that shade of blue is heavenly on you!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Great job on the two Q's!   Dahlia looked like she was saying "mom, you're making me a little dizzy".  Believe me, I'm not making fun as having done a little agility I know just how ridiculous I looked at times. lol  You only made a few extra circles and moves and looked great most of the time. You make a wonderful team and I agree that blue looks great on Dahlia. :)
    • Gold Top Dog

Ha thanks.  The problem was I went out with a plan and then did something totally different.  Oops!  I had planned to start elsewhere in the course (this was a game without a set course) and EVERYONE started where I ended up starting and so I went there without thinking, released her and then realized I had no idea where to go after the first little sequence.

I ended up attempting rear crosses and we can't really do those yet (she's so slow I can do fronts most of the time, as you can imagine from watching her!).

• Gold Top Dog

Aww Dahlia that is definately your color :)   Congrats to you both, I think you guys look awesome I wouldnt even begin to know what to do although I think Rocky would love to have Dahlia come to Arkansas to show him the ropes :)

• Gold Top Dog

Hooray Dahlia, you got blue ribbons!  You got Q's!  You got -- a crazy handler!~   Ha ha haaaa

Well done, both of you, she follows your lead well!  That's what matters when you have to figure it out on the run, that the pup follows.  Love the vid!  Enjoy your ribbons!

• Gold Top Dog

That is the cutest picture ever! What a face. Congrats!

• Gold Top Dog

Good job Dahlia!

Agility intimidates me. Remembering those sequences is way too confusing for me. 

• Gold Top Dog

You eventually get to remembering them if you do them enough!  But it can be difficult at first.  We've worked our way up SLOWLY to being able to do it.  We started training about two years ago!  Obviously we still have a long way to go.

• Gold Top Dog

Congrats on the Q's. I didn't think that video looked bad at all. The games where you have to figure out your own course are harder to do and you really did quite well, especially since you started where you hadn't planned. I'm sure most are guilty of that. I know I am. Like you said, then all of a sudden it's oh,oh and where to now? Hard to have to change things when you are running.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks!  I wish I hadn't done that so the video would have looked smoother and I wouldn't have gotten so darned turned around!  But I just couldn't see the course in my head since my plan differed so drastically from where I was.  I might have managed the darned cross and gotten her over those two jumps if I had known what I was doing!

I like the make up your own course but next time I'm sticking with my plan!

• Gold Top Dog

And you can watch the world's most ridiculous agility dog doing 12 poles for the first time EVER.  Watch it with the sound off unless you want to hear me screech at the end. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crysania4/7576696782/

• Gold Top Dog

WTG Dahlia you are just so smart! 

• Gold Top Dog

Dahlia and I went to our first AKC trial this past weekend.  And while we didn't get any qualifying scores things went really well.  Had I stuck to my plan on one of them we totally would have Q'ed.  We had enough points.  We had the "send bonus" (distance handling!  Which has not been our strong suit!).  But I screwed up.

Anyway...video!  Of Dahlia actually looking like a real agility dog, despite blowing past a couple jumps (both my fault).

You can watch the video on youtube here.

• Gold Top Dog

Looks good,. Great job Dahlia. Hey do realize you were at the training center I go to? Looks like Over Rover to me. We had a USDAA trial there last weekend.