Krill Oil vs Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil

• Silver

Krill Oil vs Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil

I came across info regarding Krill Oil that was quite interesting. It looks to be even better than Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil. Has anyone tried it?

Details are available here -http://www.askariel.com/product_details.asp?ItemID=Neptune_Krill_Oil

Any comments or input would be great! Thanks! [:)]
    • Puppy
    Thanks for the post, I've never heard of Krill oil.  I did a search and it looks promising.  It's also good for arthritis, cardio diseases plus skin and coat issues.  However that could be one of those things that's "too good to be true".   I would continue to research and hopefully someone in nutrition can give us an answer as to how good it is and if it's better than Salmon or fish oil caps.  

• Puppy
    $39 for 60 softgels... wow, that is out of my price range!
    • Silver
    There's also Hoki Fish Oil that's got a higher DHA, but lower EPA than Salmon Oil/Fish Body Oil. It's from New Zealand and naturally free from contamination. Also quite promising. Cheaper than Krill Oil too. Website at -http://new.xtend-life.com/product_detail...5&id=788680

What do you think?
    • Puppy
    You are right, a little bit pricey to try it.  I'd rather go with something I'm sure of.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I wonder if this is the same krill that baleen whales "eat".  If so, they are tiny, tiny little creatures and for the life of me i don't see how those whales get enough food to survive.  I would think they would have to be very rich in nutrients.
    • Silver
    ORIGINAL: sandra_slayton
    I wonder if this is the same krill that baleen whales "eat".

Yes, it is.

Another website (http://www.mercola.com/products/krill_oil.htm) has quite a lot of interesting info on its omega 3 & antioxidant properties.

Admittedly, it's quite expensive. However, based on the website's details, it's got higher antioxidant properties than Vitamin E, Fish Oil & Coenzyme Q-10. It's supposedly good for joints as well, which I supplement with a Glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM formula.

Since I already use all these supplements, the difference in cost may not be that great if I can replace them with this. Less hassle to feed too. Will have to calculate to compare.
    • Puppy
    Okay now there are two of them...  So is this one is the best?  Does anyone know if these can be mixed with other medications?
    • Silver
    From what I can tell so far, Krill Oil is still the better of the two because it has higher antioxidant properties and can be absorbed better. It appears to a lot more expensive though.

Hoki Fish Oil on the other hand, has a higher DHA than regular Fish Body Oil/Salmon Oil. Like Krill Oil has the benefit of being caught from contamination free waters, which is a major plus.
    • Puppy
    Thanks for the input.  Yes, it is pricey but when it comes to your health and you can afford it why not.
    • Puppy

Hi All did you know that you can get both Krill and Hoki together - Newflands.com has the krill and Hoki combined in a pump form so you can just squirt over the food easily- also the Astaxanthin they use - that's the algae from the krill they grow inside so very pure and not taking the baleen whales food source.