Pro plan duo delice

• Gold Top Dog

Pro plan duo delice

What do people think of it? Beef ingredients : Beef (17%), Wheat, Maize, Dehydrated poultry protein, Animal fat, Wheat gluten meal, Dried beet pulp, Maize grits, Rice (4%), Minerals, Digest, Propylene glycol, Dried egg, Fish oil, Malt flour. Chicken ingredients: Chicken (17%), Wheat, Maize, Dehydrated poultry protein, Wheat gluten meal, Animal fat, Dried beet pulp, Rice (4%), Digest, Minerals, Maize grits, Propylene glycol, Dried egg, Fish oil, Malt flour. Salmon ingredients: Salmon (15%), Wheat, Maize, Dehydrated poultry protein, Maize grits, Wheat gluten meal, Animal fat, Dried beet pulp, Rice (4%), Digest, Minerals, Propylene glycol, Dried egg, Malt flour The only reason for asking is that barley has been chosen to participate in their campaign, the first week of january we get sent out a box of food. i have to write reviews about what flavour barley likes and any changes in him. the ni have to share my experience with it with as many people as possible, everytime i talk to someone about pro plan duo delice i have to write short report to go on the campaign blog. Not the best of foods, but it is a months worth of expensive to buy free food for barley so i am not complaining.
    • Gold Top Dog

Do they provide the protein % and fat %?  Looks ok.   A one month trial for each formula or one month to try all three?  Are they wanting to get opinion on digestibility, palatability or what?  I wonder what "digest" stands for.  Probiotic? One month isn't really much time to determine how a dog does on a new food unless a dog is wildly allergic to one of the ingredients.

Anyway, I wouldn't be afraid to feed it to mine.   I  feed grain free but mostly because I like the smaller quantity of poop on a grain free food.  None of mine have any food allergies.  

What are the kCals per cup?    

• Gold Top Dog

Protein is 25%, fat is 16% for all of them. As far as i am aware it is a month to trial all three, but i will have to see what food arrives next week.

It does not say, it mentions about changes in your dog so i guess that would all come under it. I don't know what digest means. Probiotic is healthy gut bacteria, it is useful for dogs with sensitive stomachs.

As far as we are aware barley is not allergic to any food ingredient except duck, but none of these contain duck so he is safe .

Barley used to be on grain for supposed food allergies on advise from the  vet, but it turned out to be stuff in the environment causing him to itch, and only in summer and piriton controls it.

i can not find anything online saying how many kCals per cup but i will see what it says on the packaging when it arrives next week as it should say that on the packaging.

• Gold Top Dog

Yes, I've often given mine probiotics when needed.  Some foods now claim to have them added.  Not sure how well they survive the food processing or if they're present in any viable quantity.  A probiotic is what I was thinking the ingredient listed as "Digest" might be.

Fairly high protein but that's not a bad thing. :)