Orijen to Canidae

• Gold Top Dog

Orijen to Canidae

I decided to make the switch from Orijen: Six Fish to Canidae: PURE Sky (both are grain-free). It is cheaper in larger quantity and also can be found at PETCO in addition to smaller pet specialty stores (which gives me more flexibility on where I can purchase it).

So far they seem to love it! Happy with the switch.

Both free feed but after today I think I'm going to throw them on a feeding schedule. With two dogs now I need the consistency of a meal time so I know each dog is eating accordingly. Their bowls are side by side and what is cute is both seem to understand okay this is my bowl and this is your bowl haha... cuties.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

hey I just wanted to say that I use Orijen and was pretty bummed to see at our shop it has gone up in price again. For me though, I have found that I do feed less of it than of others including the Canidae so you may have to see how that works out for you.

No doubt that Orijen is superb food but the price is pretty insane. I would look elsewhere if my dog didn't have so many allergies

• Gold Top Dog

Yes the price increase here (again) was a bummer. PURE Sky Canidae is limited diet so I went with that first not ever using this product before. There is a "Sea" one as well but so far they like this so we will stick with it.

I do wonder if I'll feed more! They only need 3/4 cup each tiny little things haha

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

LOL yea I have a large dog, OK slightly XL, and although he's approaching 9 he still eats a ton. He gets between 4-5 cups of orijen depending on time of year and activity level.

A few years ago I tried Wellness Core fish and goodness I felt like I was dumping the bag in his bowl