Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Any guesses before I get him DNA tested?
This is my very lovable Tucker that I rescued from a shelter back in January. We think he is somewhere around 7 years old and he weighs about 55-60 lbs. Anyone want to take a guess as to what might be in him. I really have to get him DNA tested, I'm way too curious.
  • 7 REPLIES
What was Lady? Picture heavy.
i've been wanting to do this for a while.. Lady belonged to my grandparents.. they found her as a skinny puppy, her age was around five to seven weeks old... she showed up on their doorstep during a winter storm back in the mid 1990's... and the area where they lived (where i live now actually...
  • 6 REPLIES
Purebred sheltie or not?
This guy is at a local humane society, and I put in an application for him. They say he is a purebred sheltie, but he looks like a mix to me. He is a color headed white, so it is not the color that is wrong, the coat length and tail look wrong to me. He is 2, so he should have more coat I think, unless...
  • 24 REPLIES
Coowner ship questions....
I am expecting my Golden (breeder charges the same for show or pet quality dogs she places) any day from a reputable breeder in the midwest. The breeder had picked out a female for me but after the Stud breeder picked her 3 she told my breeder that my pup is the female pick of the litter and should be...
  • 8 REPLIES
Guesses on this mix?
I was looking at local shelter dogs and found this dog. Isn't he scary? And by scary I mean wickedly cool and probably the sweetest dog ever. Any guesses on breeds?
  • 7 REPLIES
My first dog- breed guesses
First of all, sorry about the quality, but these were the only pics I could find of him. My scanner is horrible , hence the lines across the pics... Anyways, this is my childhood dog- the first pet I had. His name was Shack. He had to be put down at the age of 12 due to severe HD (He'd had two...
  • 5 REPLIES
Akbash
This is the breed DH and I are about to get. He/she will be raised with our sheep and goats, just like our Pyr will be. We are pretty excited to bring one into our home, since he had one growing up, and adored him. Anyone else a fancier?
  • 1 REPLY
Plese can you tell me what breed this could be
Hi All, we picked up this little cutie yesterday from the dog pound and we were just wondering what breed it could be, we think its a cross between a german shepherd and a belgian shepard but who knows??? Thanks Matthew And Marta Spain
  • 9 REPLIES
Hunting Basenjis
I read a column in Dogs in Canada this month about a fellow who hunted with his basenji. I loved it! He said that while basenjis don't fall into typical western hunting techniques, that they were master hunters what used a combination of scent and sight. It was really interesting to read about. I...
  • 3 REPLIES
What breed do you think he is?!
Hi everyone! Help me and my friend to find his dog's breed.. Dog's name is Lord, Sex: Male, Age: 4 and he is trained... My friend things that Lord is German SheepHerd mixed with something else.. Oh yeah, I'm sooo sorry about the quality of the photo, it was taken from a hand-phone.. What...
  • 16 REPLIES
Labradoodle for first-time dog owner?
There is a two-year-old labradoodle available at my local vet's. I would like to give my parents a dog, since they watched mine for 6 weeks and got very attached to her. Do you think this breed would be a good match for them? My own dog, a basset/golden mix, weighs 40 pounds, is energetic and needy...
  • 12 REPLIES
Poll on his breed...
Questions: 1. What breed do you think I am? 2. How big do you think I will get? 3. Is it true that puppies may have shorter hair at first but will be longer as an adult? I'm super curious as to what other people (who've been around dogs a lot) would say my new dog's breed is. He's...
  • 7 REPLIES
sheltie owners
Hi .. are there any sheltie owners out there? I have just looked down the listings and can't see any. Brie is now 11 weeks and goes for her 2nd jab on Wednesday. I am going to take her to my daughter this pm who has a Leonburger, hope to take some good pictures.
  • 10 REPLIES
unknown dog breed
I posted this in the wrong place, I think, before. I'm a neophyte computer user, but I got a reply from Ixas_girl and I couldn't figure out how to reply to her so I'll just post it again. I live in central Kentucky and for the last few months I have been seeing on occasion 3 black dogs that...
  • 7 REPLIES
My poor dog!!!
I hate how people judge my dog because he barks so much. (He's a Chihuahua)
  • 5 REPLIES
Catahoula and ?
Here's a pic of my catahoula mix. Curious as to what you think he is mixed with. Its hard to see in the pic, but his body is shaped like a catahoula, but I think theres something in his face that's different.
  • 8 REPLIES
Any Guesses??
My Grandma just got this puppy and we have no clue on what breeds she is mixed with. A man's house burned down and he left the momma dog behind and she had puppies. Animal Control came and took the other puppies. Sorry I couldn't get many pics. Lady doesn't like the camera!
  • 16 REPLIES
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Hi There! The Rhodesian Ridgeback is definitely a dog that has grabbed my attention. I've researched them thoroughly, read every piece of information I could get my hands on about them! I'd really like to hear from some people who have a RR in their family, more about their experience with...
  • 4 REPLIES
have u heard of this breed
My dog is a skipperke.[sm=wink3.gif] Which is great, but no one has ever heard of that breed. When people ask what he is they go "skipper-what". Some people say he looks like a pig. There aren't any pics of skipperkes! I have to draw pics of him.
  • 22 REPLIES
Help!!! I need to know what breed this pup is!!
I am turning to the experts here... [sm=help.gif] I found this picture of this little pup on the internet (source unknown). Since then, I have fell in love with this little puppy!!! [sm=floating.gif] The only problem, I have no idea what breed the pup is.... [sm=backtotopic.gif] Can anyone...
  • 6 REPLIES