Any Guesses??

• Gold Top Dog

Any Guesses??

My Grandma just got this puppy and we have no clue on what breeds she is mixed with.  A man's house burned down and he left the momma dog behind and she had puppies.  Animal Control came and took the other puppies.  Sorry I couldn't get many pics.  Lady doesn't like the camera!

• Gold Top Dog
    Forgot to mention that Lady only weighs about 5 pounds and she is 8 weeks old.  Her fur is extra fluffy and thick (If that helps with finding her breed)
    • Gold Top Dog
    I don't have any ideas, but she looks like a real lovebug! [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    She is a sweetie!  She learned that cold air comes out of the vents, so that's where she stays!!  She is very smart and learning fast!  She was eat up with worms when mawmaw first got her.  I am guessing that she will only weigh about 25lbs when she is full grown
    • Gold Top Dog
    If it wasn't for the size issues I'd almost say a St. Bernard. Maybe somebody has bred a miniature St. Bernard----a "Min-Bern".
    • Gold Top Dog
    Could be Pyr/Collie/Aussie/terrier/fill in the blank - lots of dogs mixed in. It's imposible to say with a pup though I'd lay odds on the Pyr at least being in there. The beaver markings and fluff are pretty much a shout out.

There are TONS of pyr farms dogs around here. Pyr rescue is drowning. I'd love to be able to help them but for one thing they are reluctant to let a farmer help as the really want to place the dogs as companions, and also a rogue Pyr is a really bad thing.

Very cute! Even though we're talking about a Pyr mix, this pup isn't likely to grow to be more than medium sized. 5 pounds at eight weeks is on the small side of even a Border Collie or Aussie. Could be malnorishment or just "runty" genetics. [:D]

Congratulations!
    • Gold Top Dog
    yeah i agree on the pyr mix, or maybe a collie mixture.... but definately see some kind molosser breed in her colours and features.
    the problem is you wont really be able to tell until she is much older... half to full grown at least.
    if she is wormy then she is probably underweight... which she should catch up on quickly enough. what a rough start in life!!

• Gold Top Dog
    That weight is about online for a Beagle pup so I'd say your guess at adult size is pretty good!
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: silverserpher

If it wasn't for the size issues I'd almost say a St. Bernard. Maybe somebody has bred a miniature St. Bernard----a "Min-Bern".

That was my first guess too. But the weight is way off.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Her markings and fur look JUST like a St. Bernard... maybe a Saint mixed with a Cocker Spaniel? Weirder things have happened! lol
    • Gold Top Dog
    A saint would have darker color as a pup. Pyr marks start outt quite dark and get very light with maturity.

Would be interesting to know the adult weight for sure.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm guessing Beagle mix but I'm wondering where she got that fluffy fur.  She is too cutea and she thinks she is bad to the bone!  She will bark and growl at anything!
    • Silver
    Dear [link>http://forum.dog.com/asp/showProfile.asp?memid=25054]Bullymom[/link]

I have no idea what kind of breed it is... but I'm sure that when she'll be grown up, she'll be as cute and sweet as now =)

Wish you all the best for you with your new puppy, oh yea.. what is her name?!
    • Gold Top Dog
    oh yea.. what is her name?!

My Mawmaw namerd her Lady!  She is already spoiled rotten!
    • Bronze
    English shepherd, they are a 'rare' breed, also called the farm collie.