Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
What is Sasha the Wonder Puppy?
Sasha, my current foster dog, is 6mo and 25lbs. She's about 16" at the withers. I've had a number of people say JRT, I see some corgi in the ears, and another of my friends said Border Collie. She was originally listed as a GSD/Lab; her brother was mostly black with a little white, but she's...
  • 7 REPLIES
Jack Russel Terriers!
I have a Jack Russel Terrier named Frazer. He is related to the TV star Wishbone. There is another Jack Russel Terrier named Moose who plays Eddie on the TV show Fraiser. That's how he got his name. I'm sorry if I'm boring you. Moose
  • 25 REPLIES
What breed is she????
I think something mixed with Treeing Walker Coonhound. She is 6 months old, but on the petite side...I think she weighs about 20lbs....She is beagle sized, except for having long legs. We are considering adopting her. Anyone have experience with hound mixes....I'm concerned about tracking, running...
  • 3 REPLIES
New Dog, What is he???
Hey guys and gals, Any idea as what he may be mixed with? I am anxious to hear your thoughts. He is a good sized dog. I would say large and about 60+ lbs. Thanks! Rich.
  • 6 REPLIES
What is Margaret crossed with?
Hi, we rescued Margaret last year and was told she is a yorkshire terrier cross jack Russel, I'm not so sure though what do you think? xxx [IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/kaytee576/Picture147-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/kaytee576/min.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http...
  • 7 REPLIES
A question about Shepherds..
I've heard mixed opinions of getting a GSD or other "aggressive/guard" shepherds at shelters.. some say that GSD's with poor bloodlines can end in very unhappy results (and since I am looking for a companion for myself for when I live all alone, and a protector of my future children...
  • 13 REPLIES
What breed of dog might this be?
I was online last night and saw this dog http://www.flickr.com/photos/onemillion/475562151/ . Does anyone know what breed it is. thnks
  • 2 REPLIES
Does Buddy look like a purebred Cocker Spaniel?
Does Buddy look Purebred to you? We purchased a cocker Spaniel from the want ad digest. When we arrived he was so matted we couldn't not buy him, it was obvious that he was neglected. He is such aa affectionate dog, I am glad we bought him. He went to the groomers and cleaned up well. He is such...
  • 4 REPLIES
*edited* Rottweilers are here!!
In this topic we talk about Rottweilers, we give or get advices from differet owners here..
  • 0 REPLY
Papillons!
Any pap owners out there? I know we're few and far between, but it's worth a try
  • 38 REPLIES
Akita Inu
Hi there, So, I have this desire to have an akita, a desire that gives my mother the willies. I've been reading a lot about them lately and just want to know more. I'm attracted to them mostly because I'm after a challenge. My corgi is a darling, but she's been really easy and sometimes...
  • 5 REPLIES
Adopted new pup!
Hey! I went to Safeway this morning, and an older couple was adopting a few dogs out front. I saw this little guy and instantly fell in love. He is 4 months old and was found stranded so I decided to give him a new home. I do not know what breed he is and was hoping that you all might have some...
  • 2 REPLIES
delete
delete
  • 2 REPLIES
chihuahuas
I have a 4 month old chihuahua, I was wondering if I should get another chihuahua for a playmate and for a pack mentality or if it doesn't effect their socialization being the only dog?
  • 4 REPLIES
Italian Greyhound
Hello, I'm new to the website and was just wondering if there are any fellow Iggy owners that still visit the forum. Found a few posts, over a year old though. Even though I really like learning about the other breeds, and all the incredibly funny stories that people share, it'd be nice to get...
  • 2 REPLIES
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
**Link Removed** Hi, have You ever seen such beauties? Regards from Croatia.. Albert
  • 3 REPLIES
Is it true Aussies never go around?
We were out camping with Penny on the weekend at a really great dog friendly place (they let you dine in the restaurant with your dog!). At one point, we came across a young GSD and an Aussie having a run in a big open area. Penny wanted to say hi, but the game these dogs was playing was very fast. She...
  • 16 REPLIES
NEED GSD Help
I just pulled a male GSD from a backyard where he has lived for the past several months chained to a carport, has had little exersise, most likely has been fed only once a day and whos back legs appear to not be right (to me). I will try and post pictures tonight and I am trying to set up a time to...
  • 19 REPLIES
Help! choosing a breed
I'm not sure what breed to get I'm going to be a dog owner soon and still haven't decided yet i wanted one of the 5: 1.beagle 2.akita 3.siberian husky 4.chow chow 5.shih tzu . Mom said to get a small or medium sized dog, but I want a dog that won't go around doing what it wants for the...
  • 21 REPLIES
Montana~Saint Bernard
See If This Freakin Thing Will Work For Me Now!
  • 3 REPLIES