Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
More on belgian colors
Here is a link to some recent pictures of the UBSDA national. The gallery from the show photographer shows pretty good variety of color from the "grey" sable very light colored dogs to the very dark overlayed mahogany dogs. http://www.pawprintspet.com/UBSDA%2010-07.html from another board...
  • 6 REPLIES
malinois colors
what are the differences in color for a malinois? (fawn, mahogany, red, red sable, fawn sable). how much color changing can be expected as they grow? please post pics of the colors if you can.
  • 9 REPLIES
Boston Terriers
Who owns one? What can you tell me about them from an owner's perspective as far as training goes and size and so on. I have two children and I plan on getting a puppy in 2007 and I am torn between a Boston Terrier, boxer and an Olde English Bulldogge. I know with any breed (or any dog) it's...
  • 16 REPLIES
Collies as experimental animals?
Dear readers, some of you might already know our German project www.mdr1-defekt.de . On this homepage we show tested dogs and provide informations about this serious mutation within the MDR1 gene. Further we are looking for news about this defect in the mdr1 and today we were shocked about...
  • 2 REPLIES
Doberman Pinschers
I know there are a few people with dobes on here, so does anyone have any information on them that you would feel a first time dobe owner absolutely needs to know? Also, are they included on a lot of breed bans or no? I know they used to be a greatly feared breed but I thought the "scary, mean...
  • 20 REPLIES
I had a ridgeback fix yesterday!
*happy dance* There is something wrong with me, I know, but there is something about Rhodesian Ridgebacks that is addicting. We're planning on adding an RR pup sometime in the next year, and so I'm trying to get out to events and meet local breeders and owners. Getting ridgeback smooches doesn't...
  • 3 REPLIES
Any Guesses?
She showed up on my doorstep yesterday. She is young, judging by her teeth...less than a year I'd say, but that's about as close as I can guess. Weighs about 35-40 lbs maybe (rough estimate). Very sweet. I'm afraid she may have been dumped.
  • 7 REPLIES
What breed is this
Bought as a Jack Russell. When you have stopped laughing, tell me: Do you reckon it could be a lancashire heeler? Not an expert on the breed, so not sure, but it was my first thought. What do you think? [IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/Chuffy020/04-06-05Walt.jpg[/IMG]
  • 14 REPLIES
Bullmastiff
I am new here and was just wondering if there were any other Bullmastiff lovers out there? I would love to hear your experiences with health, nutrition, and obedience. Thanks!
  • 4 REPLIES
Airedales?
Has anyone owned an Airedale? I am looking for one to rescue. I would like more information about them and their temperment. Thanks, John Runer
  • 8 REPLIES
Border Terriers
New to this community and loving it. My wife and I have three dogs, Scout our old Lab and our two Border Terriers, Elanor the Fair, and Pippin. We'd love to share stories and notes with other Border owners or folks who are thinking about adding this wonderful breed to your home. I'll post some...
  • 4 REPLIES
Any Leonberger people here?
I am new to this site and just wanted to see if there are any Leonberger owners out there?
  • 4 REPLIES
What is she mixed with?
I am going to see this little lab mix tomorrow....she is 9 mos old and weighs around 27lbs from what I understand, so she's a little girl. I can't wait to meet her, her current "mom" says she is a wonderful little dog! (they tried to keep her in a rental when they weren't supposed...
  • 3 REPLIES
Maltese, Havanese,Bichon Frise, or Shih Tzu, which to get?
Hi, I think I narrowed my search down to these 4 breeds, are there any big differences between these breeds? I'm looking for a very friendly dog that will get along with my 4 cats. I do stay home all day so he'll get a lot of attention but I go to sleep and wake up 2 hours later everyday so...
  • 18 REPLIES
hmm...what kinda dog is he??
Jimmy's supposedly a lab mix, but I've never seen a lab with pricked ears! He's not from a breeder or anything, just a product of strays at the cottage. He looks like his mum, but we've never seen his pop. Any guesses what might be mixed in there? He's definitely got the size and...
  • 14 REPLIES
choosing a breed for our family
Hello, everyone! We've got two children, ages 5 and 1, and are considering adding a four legged baby soon. Obviously we need to tick the "good with children" box but I'm also looking for a furry friend who will be protective. My husband is often at work until late and I'm known...
  • 23 REPLIES
Any corgi lovers out there????
Hello, new to site was just wondering if there were any other PW Corgi fans out there. We have 2 right now, 1 red & white female and 1 red headed tri male. Hoping to breed them soon if not already, . Take care.
  • 8 REPLIES
Maltese or toy poodle
I was woundering if anyone out there has a maltese or toy poodle . and to let me know what kind personality they have . we had Lucky since he was 6 weeks old a Dalmatian for 14 1/2 yrs he went to rest this past July 29 after 1 yr of hip problems. boy do we miss him ,like one of the kids .so now we...
  • 7 REPLIES
Another guess the breed......
This is Domino. He came from the pound as an owner turn in, where he was listed as a Brittany mix. He weighs 25 pounds, has a docked tail, and he points. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/tabickman/DSCN0417.jpg[/img] [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/tabickman/DSCN0664.jpg[/img...
  • 8 REPLIES