hmm...what kinda dog is he??

• Silver

hmm...what kinda dog is he??

Jimmy's supposedly a lab mix, but I've never seen a lab with pricked ears! He's not from a breeder or anything, just a product of strays at the cottage. He looks like his mum, but we've never seen his pop. Any guesses what might be mixed in there? He's definitely got the size and temperament of a lab....

• Gold Top Dog
    lab/shepherd?
    there is something in that face, something that I know, I just cannot think of it! hopefully, someone else will come along and let us all know what is in his face! I know what it is... this is going to bother me!

He's a cutie though!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I agree--Lab/shepherd.  Most GSD puppies have ears that look like your puppy's ears.  what a handsome boy, BTW!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'd say Lab/GSD, too. 

ORIGINAL: erica1989
    ...there is something in that face, something that I know, I just cannot think of it!...

Except for the slightly longer snout, his face reminds me of a Lab.

• Gold Top Dog
    Lab/akita?
    • Gold Top Dog
    OMG the ears!!! wth?! lol they are so cute!!
    does he have an underbite?
    the ears could be a result of a pit bull mix - which is why i ask about the underbite...
    but grey hounds and chows could also produce ears like that..
    • Silver
    what good answers!
    I have never thought of sheppard, but I did get the suggestion of pit once based on the prick ears and wide lower jaw. He doesnt have an underbite or anything and has a short rough coat. His tail is much longer than average tho!

• Gold Top Dog
    Pit, something else - got to be a mix on the other side, too - he's bb red sable, like my Maggie dog. 

So, Heinz 57, but not just straight lab/shepherd because you've got to get the red from both sides.

Cute and unexpected!  Pound puppies are just so cute and fun - I wish everyone would go and empty out the pounds of all their little treasures and put the shelter people out of jobs.  [:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    What about a heeler?
    • Gold Top Dog
    what is the mom?
    • Gold Top Dog
    The pic when he's lying down just outside the window...something about that screams "Akita" to me.  Even though the coloring is all wrong.  He's certainly a handsome and statutesque dog.  
    • Puppy

I don't think he is lab/shephard.....I have had many. Akita/lab might be closer.

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989
    lab/shepherd?
    there is something in that face, something that I know, I just cannot think of it! hopefully, someone else will come along and let us all know what is in his face! I know what it is... this is going to bother me!

He's a cutie though!

Almost looks like he might have pittbull in him, looking at his face.  It's hard to say, some dogs are so similar in their characteristics.  He is beautiful though, love those perky ears! 

• Gold Top Dog

tiffy
    What about a heeler?

Just what I thought when I saw the second picture.  ACDs (aka Heelers) have a head similar to Pits. 

• Gold Top Dog

I was just on the General Chat forum and woman had a dog similar to this one and it was Chow/GS, I believe.  Maybe this could be something in your pup.  :)