Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Cute little mix....have some Q's
Everyone knows that I *want* another dog, I just can't handle 2 fully grown 50lb dogs at the moment....but I've found a litter of mixed puppies that I like. I wanted to adopt my next dog, but these guys are pullin' at my heart. They're Aussie Cattle Dog(Blue Heeler) and Husky mixed, does...
  • 16 REPLIES
Boston Terrier Question
My son and DIL just got a Boston Terrier pup. It is a female and according to the breeder is expected to be under 20lbs. I want to knit a sweater for Christmas and I need some approximate measurements. ie length of back and circumference. Also at what age will the pup be fully grown? Thanks for your...
  • 1 REPLY
So-we made up our mind!
Well, I shot down the idea of both the GWP and goldendoodle. I really wanted a dog that would both point and retrieve well. Because we have a lab and German shepherd, I also wanted something a little smaller than either breed. I have owned brittanys in the past and decided adding another would be an...
  • 29 REPLIES
Guess Frankies Breeds ..again
Now that the Frankster is nearing one years oldI think it might be a safe time to see what breeds he might be composed of. Back when I first got him last Feb one of the msot common guesses was Bull Terrierx Jack Russel Mix. Well I think those may not be quite right. He now towers over my neighbors Jack...
  • 12 REPLIES
Can you tell me about
Dogs that have a lower drive? And lower energy? I plan on adopting my next dog, but I'd like to go in a general area of a breed. Golden's, Lab's, Rotties, GDS's, Hounds, and Terriers are all common in my area. So are Pitties, but they are out of the question - says Mom and Dad(insurence...
  • 10 REPLIES
For Kate: Do You Groom Your Dog With a Shop Vac?
Been a fun week and a half converting a full on outside working Pyr/Maremma mix to a house dog. In terms of hair, she takes after her Pyr side more - but I found the following pretty true for most big furry dogs. Giant Breed Grooming Tips The secrets to grooming a large breed dog are revealed. With...
  • 7 REPLIES
Newfie?
I think not.....black lab mix with a lil fluff http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pet/902341104.html
  • 1 REPLY
Livestock guardians in suburbia
Okay, so I've heard mixed things about livestock guardian breeds in suburbia. I have heard on one hand that they need large areas to roam and will get bored if they are confined to a small area most of the time. I have also heard that they do fine in suburban settings. I am guessing it depends on...
  • 9 REPLIES
Another guess the mix
I was looking for a crate for Sam and found these doggies....I'd love to take on(the male) but 2 dogs is enough, and I don't know how big they will get. Any idea on the mix? http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pet/895295245.html
  • 10 REPLIES
Breed Question?!?
My dog Zeus is a rescue, I got him from a shelter when he was 3 months old. I was told he was an Akita/Chow mix and never understood where his markings came from. Is Zeus part Tibetan Mastiff?? http://dbworld.s3.amazonaws.com/6046639_600.jpg Here is a pic of 3 young TM's http://www.breederretriever...
  • 9 REPLIES
Alapha Blue Blooded Bulldogs
I am curious about this breed. I will never own one because I am not much of a bull dog person, but the breed seems pretty interesting. Has anyone had any experience with one? From what I have read online they were bred in Georgia as a gaurddog for plantations. But thats about all I can find...
  • 5 REPLIES
What mix?
Just for curiosity's sake. I've been eyeing these guys a while. They're gorgeous and close to me (lol, no new dogs for me though!). They're listed as pure papillons, but there is something so NOT papillon in them. I can't put my finger on it. One looks almost border collie to me and...
  • 8 REPLIES
Tell me about JRT's
I am such a glutton for punishment.. *sigh* I've been looking at different breeds for my next pup and I have a specific list of things I need in a dog. Well I went to my training club for the halloween party and it turns out one of the trainer's knows of a guy getting rid of JRT mix pups. I know...
  • 12 REPLIES
Looking for info on Chessies, Tollers, & PWDs
DH wants a dog of his own, & I am trying to help him decide on a breed that we both can live with. He wants a dog that, when trained, can act as a retriever for him during his duck hunting excursions. DH could be very happy with a lab or golden, but I have serious doubts that I would be able to,...
  • 6 REPLIES
Silver labs?
Ive been seeing adds for AKC silver labs. Do they really come in that color?
  • 26 REPLIES
German Wirehaired Pointers
My boyfriend is wanting to get a GWP and I am curious to know people's experiences with them. He is an avid pheasant hunter which is why he has chosen the breed as he has seen them at work in the field. My only experiences have been with GSP's, but I do know a couple people who breed, hunt, and...
  • 1 REPLY
What's your favorite guard breed?
I'm in no way trying to condone people using their dog as a weapon or as your personal body guard. Just thought it would be fun and maybe even educational to see what people's responses would be! I'm not refering to livestock guardians althought alot of those breeds make great protectors...
  • 54 REPLIES
What breeds is my doggie?
My doggie is 2 years old. I am thinking he is a springer spaniel cross border collie. Am i right? Any other suggestions?
  • 13 REPLIES
Were does he get these ears from?
Sam's a Lab mix for sure, but he has rose-ears(I think thats what they're called) like some Pitties and Bulldog's.... Anyone care to guess were they came from? Sorry, it's the only pic with his ears in they're normal set....the rest are of him running, and you can't see...
  • 9 REPLIES
Guess Tazzers breed
Ok, some of you may know Taz's mix....I can't remember if I've posted his or not....but if you don't know, try and figure it out.... About 2 weeks after we got him(so, 10-11 weeks?) 8-10 months....I can't remeber. After his last haircut!
  • 11 REPLIES