What mix?

• Gold Top Dog

What mix?

Just for curiosity's sake.

I've been eyeing these guys a while. They're gorgeous and close to me (lol, no new dogs for me though!). They're listed as pure papillons, but there is something so NOT papillon in them. I can't put my finger on it. One looks almost border collie to me and the other looks somewhat sheltie.

[url]http://www.pap911rescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=720035[/url]

[url]http://www.pap911rescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=720099[/url]

Badly bred paps vary a LOT but I've never ever seen any with faces like these two.

What do you think?

• Gold Top Dog

I must be losing my mind. I almost want to say I see shepherd in there...

So I showed DH the pictures and asked what mix... He said shepherd too..

• Gold Top Dog

I see Sheltie in both...but, I don't have any experience in Shelties or Pap's, so it's just a wild guess for me

• Gold Top Dog

I see...Sheltie in both as well.  I'm not sure if it's because I just finished brushing out Nike and have Sheltie on the brain, but I agree that they look a little Pappy-mix-ish.  Super cute, though, both of them are. 

• Gold Top Dog

I think sheltie would be a good guess.  It's so weird because I see different breeds in each picture.  The profile of the brown one most definitely looks like a sheltie profile to me.

• Gold Top Dog

Laurelin_429

I think sheltie would be a good guess.  It's so weird because I see different breeds in each picture.  The profile of the brown one most definitely looks like a sheltie profile to me.

Ditto to that! They remind me of those chinese beta fish with thier flowing hairs, LOL

• Gold Top Dog

The sable is most definitely a sheltie mix - probably half and half.

I bet Ernie is a BC mix - probably an F2 bred back to a pap.  

• Gold Top Dog
    brookcove

The sable is most definitely a sheltie mix - probably half and half.

I bet Ernie is a BC mix - probably an F2 bred back to a pap.

Thanks for your input. At first I thought they were brothers- coming from the same place and the same age, but I realized it doesn't say they're related. To me, Bert looks very sheltie, but something about Ernie's expression is very border collie like.

Our rescue (the local breed club we belong to) actually has a papillon trying to be a BC right now too.  I think this one, however, might actually just be a very large, lanky pap.  She's 15 inches tall, so rather big for a pap and very cute.  She's also a bit more aloof than most paps (but could be her background, she was found ina  shelter) and she is VERY high energy.  We're looking for a sport home for her.

• Gold Top Dog

Ernie looks Papillon and Sheltie. Bert looks a little shepherd-y to me.