Another guess the mix

• Gold Top Dog

Another guess the mix

I was looking for a crate for Sam and found these doggies....I'd love to take on(the male) but 2 dogs is enough, and I don't know how big they will get. Any idea on the mix?

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pet/895295245.html

• Gold Top Dog

the top one looks very Akita actually. The bottom looks almost Pyr'ish due to the markings...are they related?

• Gold Top Dog

In looking again it's possible the white is mother to the silver...she looks Akita X too...Long coated possibly but hard to tell...the puppy's coat looks like it might've been clipped down?

• Gold Top Dog

I thought Akita or Husky type dog too. But I can'r tell how big they are....I do think they may be dam/pup or littermates.

• Gold Top Dog

yes standing pictures would be so helpful. Have you emailed to ask if they have other pictures?

eta: look here the dog Hedi has very similar coloring...bet with a bath some stripes would come out lol..

LINK

• Gold Top Dog

I'm making myself not e-mail them, I can't have another dog right now and I don't want to lead them on when they are trying to do the right thing. *sigh*

Edit - they do look very similar to those Akita's in your link

• Gold Top Dog

I think the male has a very wolf/coyote look to him.....his shorter fur, upright ears trianuglar ears, more gray-ish color. Maybe it's just me....

• Gold Top Dog

misstrouble

I think the male has a very wolf/coyote look to him.....his shorter fur, upright ears trianuglar ears, more gray-ish color. Maybe it's just me....

The male does look a bit wolfy but he doesn't IMO look like he is a wolf hybrid. This is a neat page about IDing hybrids: http://www.wolfpark.org/wolfdogs/Poster_section1.html

• Gold Top Dog

Deff not a hybrid, but he has a wolfy look to him.....thanks for the link!

• Gold Top Dog

Wow, I agree that the girl looks like a Pyr - the eyes, the look, the pose, and the "badger" markings.  With BC or Aussie maybe - smooth coated? - plus some husky?

The pup looks like husky/BC/and then if he's the pup of the female, then there would be that Pyr also - the sire could be anything, and I'd be reallly tempted to guess that it's a littermate of the female, her own sire, etc - it kind of has the look of it. 

• Gold Top Dog

The second one definitely reminds me of a Great Pyrenees with the markings. I also see possibly Australian Shepherd or other herding dog.