Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
What am I? :)
We just adopted a dog from an animal shelter in KC. They told us she is a Husky/Shepherd mix and anywhere from 1-3 years old. She's seems a bit small for a husky in my opinion. Someone also told us she might be part Blue Heeler. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • 6 REPLIES
Basset Hounds!
Okay this has been my dream breed since I was little and I hope to get one in the near future. Of course I'll be doing quite a bit of research before getting one but can anyone give me personal experiences? I've heard they can be very stubborn but I'm willing to work with that. Is there...
  • 3 REPLIES
Greyhounds
Hey guys, just had a few questions about greyhounds. I've always really, really liked greyhounds and whippets. Yesterday, Josie and i volunteered at an event where the greyhound rescue was. Of course i spent a lot of time fawning over those sweet things. I talked to them for awhile, and they were...
  • 7 REPLIES
What Kind of Dog Do I Have?
I adopted my dog from a shelter so I'm not exactly sure what breeds she might be. Any suggestions? Check out her pictures on my page.
  • 10 REPLIES
Yet another "What Breed?" thread! Mastiff mix?
Hanzo's stray mama was almost certainly a Mastiff or a Mastiff mix. She was very large (should have been around 125lbs), but so skinny that it was hard to tell if she was pure or not. I'm sure she was backyard bred at any rate. So what do you think he looks like? He's about 55-60 lbs now...
  • 19 REPLIES
Help identify this breed!
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I need help identifying the breed of the dog in the pictures shown. Thank you. :) Edit: Thank you everyone for the help & compliments! :) To those who asked, this is not my dog (yet) but I'm considering adopting it from a friend...
  • 11 REPLIES
Adopted Thunder
We recently adopted Thunder who we were told is a pure bred GSD. Every since then everyone who sees him says how cute he is but says there is no way he is "pure". Took him to the vet and they say they would find it very unlikely he is as well and pointed out some of the same things alot of...
  • 41 REPLIES
Scottish Terriers
I have recently become the proud owner of a wonderful 3 month old Scottie dog and was wondering if any of you have any experiences with them? I read all the breed characteristics and I purchased a Scottish Terrier book but I was just wondering what some of you had to say about them. We've had her...
  • 3 REPLIES
Could someone help me identify possible breed mix of puppies?
Hello! I am a new dog owner. We adopted her in November 2010. Soon after she gave birth to 7 beautiful puppies. After searching pictures online I feel confident in saying that 'Daisy' is a beagle/dauschund mix,but if someone believes otherwise I am up for suggestions! LOL I have included images...
  • 8 REPLIES
panda GSD?
Just looking at pups online today and this one popped up...a panda gsd? Never heard of them...is this a true color? http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?list_id=73s91i8pc7&back=/breed/%3Fbreed_id%3D54%26back%3D
  • 18 REPLIES
Standard Poodle
As most of you know, my next dog will probably be a standard poodle. Something large, intelligent and non-shedding. The NON-SHEDDING part is my DH's only requirment.... after having a yellow lab in the house that sheds non-stop. Can you guys share with me any info you have on the breed? Pics?...
  • 6 REPLIES
australian shepherds
Since I was young my favorite breed of dog has always been the border collie but when I decided to do some research I realized that they might not be the right dog for me... then I came across australian shepherds. I know that both breeds require lots of exercise and mental stimulation but the aussie...
  • 18 REPLIES
Boxers
Hi guys, I've come to you guys for some quick advice. My brother is planning on getting a boxer puppy in the very near future and has found a breeder that he likes and I just wanted to give him some info/questions to bring up with the breeder when he goes to meet her this weekend. Specifically what...
  • 13 REPLIES
Can anyone help me ID my puppy girl's lineage?
Hi everyone, I'm Justin and my puppy's name is Sasha. I got her from a pound in Kansas when she was 6 weeks old. Well, shes almost 4 y/o now, and she's been the perfect dog! Since she's a pound puppy I don't really know what breeds she has in her, but I am really curious to see if...
  • 7 REPLIES
Is my dog a Pitbull/Welsh Corgi mix? (pics)
when i first got her, i was TOLD she was a pitbull/corgi mix. however, im not 100% certain to this day. i have heard everything from dingo, ridgeback, to german shepherd mix. pics: 1 month old 1 year old/13 months just for reference: American Pit Bull Terrier Pembroke...
  • 35 REPLIES
Do you think our dog is a true Brittany?
Hi, new here. I put some pics of our dog "Buddy" in Photobucket. I'm not that experienced yet using that site, so I hope this works out here's the link: http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/linsjean/Buddy/ After looking over the pics of our Buddy, do you think he is a true Brittany...
  • 4 REPLIES
Guess the breed... possibly a Jacairn?
This is Newman... he's almost a year old now... he weighs about 29 pounds. He was our foster dog that we just couldn't let go and adopted. We've been calling him a Wirehaired Belgium Waffle Terrier... but we've seen photos of Cairn terriers crossed with Jack Russells (Jacairn) and he...
  • 7 REPLIES
I just got a referral!!!
I got an email from my kelpie breeder! She's referring me to the WAKCI!!!! Working Australian Kelpie of Canada Inc. You need a referral from a member in good standing to get in with them. So SQUEAL!!!!
  • 5 REPLIES
Looking for first dog.... (since I've grown up.)
Newly divorced, mother of one son, 9..... moved into a small home with a nice sized fenced yard. My ex-husband would not let us have a dog, even though we talked about it for years. So, now that we're on our own, we're getting a dog! I'd like something about medium sized, nothing too big...
  • 28 REPLIES
Help identify my dog's breed. Pekingese vs. Tibetan Spaniel vs. mix...
Hey everyone, I made an account on here to see if I could get some help figuring out what breed(s) my dog may be. I got him from the pound a few months ago. He's about 3-4 years old, and I am head over heels, madly in love with him. I'd been keeping an eye out for a Pekingese to adopt for a while...
  • 5 REPLIES