We can't figure out his ancestry; any thoughts?

• Gold Top Dog

NJFishRGuy

Micksmom, yes, we live in Middlesex County, NJ.

Hey Charlie !!! 

I'm from Metuchen  . . . . where are you ??

My beagle is a little pudge bucket too !!

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

No guess from me, just wanted to say congrats to both you and Baily!  Hope you will keep those pictures coming cause he is very handsome!

• Bronze

"Pretty please, don't take umbrage at the comments he needs to trim down - you've only had him 3 weeks AND you already mentioned his walks.  You probably won't seriously have to 'diet' him -- just getting exercise and a proper diet will rectify a whole lot."

No offense take, Callie; he IS overweight.  But he is also a very sweet dog, and as you say, I'd much rather have to worry about his losing weight (something with which I have personal experience for myself!) than psychoanalyzing him!

• Bronze

iluvjamison

Hi, Deb,

We live in South River.  I used to work in Edison, and would go through Metuchen often.

Charlie

• Bronze

shadowsgin
    No guess from me, just wanted to say congrats to both you and Baily!  Hope you will keep those pictures coming cause he is very handsome!

That's very sweet; thanks!

• Bronze

Thanks again to everyone for their comments.  I must say again that Akita never occurred to us...

Charlie

• Gold Top Dog

NJFishRGuy

iluvjamison

Hi, Deb,

We live in South River.  I used to work in Edison, and would go through Metuchen often.

Charlie

Oh, geesh-Deb, I didn't realize you were in Metuchen.  My inlaws lived there when hubby & I got married. 

My husband's best friends lived in South River the first few years they were married.

• Gold Top Dog

micksmom
    Oh, geesh-Deb, I didn't realize you were in Metuchen. 

Stop by anytime !!!  We can partake in a quaff or two !!!

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

I see akita in that head too. No husky though. I'd guess springer spaniel and akita

• Silver

You could always do a DNA test.  I ordered one of the cheek swab tests online and we got our information about Layla back in just a couple of weeks.  She is odd in the opposite direction, she weighs 31 lbs at 10 months and the test revealed that she is half Australian Shepherd, 1/4 unidentifiable mutt (one grandparent), and 1/4 Rottweiller (the other grandparent on that side).  The shelter we adopted Layla from told us she was a Border Collie Mix as well.

• Gold Top Dog

organictroll
    You could always do a DNA test.  I ordered one of the cheek swab tests online and we got our information about Layla back in just a couple of weeks.  She is odd in the opposite direction, she weighs 31 lbs at 10 months and the test revealed that she is half Australian Shepherd, 1/4 unidentifiable mutt (one grandparent), and 1/4 Rottweiller (the other grandparent on that side).  The shelter we adopted Layla from told us she was a Border Collie Mix as well.

I wouldn't waste the money on those DNA tests.  They are notorious for being inaccurate.  Honestly, based on the picture posted, Layla could pass for a purebred Border Collie.

• Bronze

Layla's a beautiful girl!

Thanks for the suggestion on the DNA test.  Bailey's background is not really so important for us; I was curious what it might be, but even knowing it exactly wouldn't change anything.

Charlie