What am I? :)

• Bronze

What am I? :)

We just adopted a dog from an animal shelter in KC. They told us she is a Husky/Shepherd mix and anywhere from 1-3 years old. She's seems a bit small for a husky in my opinion. Someone also told us she might be part Blue Heeler. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm assuming you're talking about the dog in your avatar.  It's hard to tell from that picture, but I'd say GSD/Husky is a pretty good guess.  Siberians aren't a huge breed- males are only suposed to be between 45 and 60 pounds, females 35-50.  We had a Siberian/GSD mix who weighed about 50-55 pounds.  I'd love to see more pics of your beautiful girl!

• Gold Top Dog

Do you have a bigger picture? My eyesight is not what it was at the ripe old age of 32!

• Gold Top Dog

To me in the bigger pic she looks more Husky/Heeler than Husky/GSD.  The characteristics I see that people might attribute to GSD look more Husky to me.  The coat and pattern does look kinda Heeler.

• Puppy
    She looks like a Husky/GSD to me! When I worked at a Boarding Facility we had a Husky/GSD board with us who looks just like your pup! Whatever she may be, She's beautiful! :)
    • Gold Top Dog

Liesje

To me in the bigger pic she looks more Husky/Heeler than Husky/GSD.  The characteristics I see that people might attribute to GSD look more Husky to me.  The coat and pattern does look kinda Heeler.

I agree. I don't see that color pattern coming from a Sibe/GSD mix. The known Sibe/GSD mixes I have seen are either GSD or Sibe colored.

• Gold Top Dog

She resembles a lot of the Kelpies I've seen: http://www.kelpiesinc.com/kelpie_registry/working_kelpie_photos.htm