Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
what breed is Jetta?
I adopted a puppy from the animal shelter which according to them is a German shEpherd mix that is now six months old. I don't see much shEpherd in her though. Any guesses? (go to my photos)
  • 6 REPLIES
What's in my dog's mix?
She came to live here over a year ago, but she's a rescue so I don't know anything about her background. She weighs twenty pounds and carries most of her weight in her chest - she can easily jump or climb a fence. Her coat is a little wiry and her ears are a bit large for her face. Her tail has...
  • 5 REPLIES
One of a kind dog, have no idea what the breed is?
My pup is quite an interesting mix. He weighs 60 pounds. And stands about 24 inches high at his shoulders. He is a rescue. They told me he was part Australian Shepherd, and part Cocker Spaniel. But I don't see how he could be either one. I personally think he is and English Setter, or a Setter of...
  • 12 REPLIES
Rescue puppy--Guesses on breeds?
My husband and I adopted Pax, a rescue puppy, about a month ago. He is now about 14 weeks old and weighs around 9 lbs. He was rescued from a high kill shelter so we don't know anything about his parents or the rest of his litter. I would love to hear about what breeds he might look like. I uploaded...
  • 8 REPLIES
Can Someone Tell me What Breed Of Dog I have ?
Her name is Maggy, she has a black tongue as well. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CfDeE.jpg[/IMG]
  • 5 REPLIES
Meet Sabina (breed guess?)
Hello. I am new here. I hope I don't start off seeming like a bother, but I was wondering if I could get some help/insight on what Sabina's breeding may be. Sabina is a German Shepherd mix that we rescued from our local SPCA shelter. She is 2 yros and around 55lbs. The shelter gave us 2 sets...
  • 44 REPLIES
Breed Guesses?
Hey all - I was just curious if anyone could help me figure out what my dog is, lol. Not that it matters - she's a sweet girl that I adore, but I'm just curious to see what other dog lovers think. :) She's 2 years old, weighs 32lbs, and loves to herd things. [IMG]http://i46.photobucket...
  • 7 REPLIES
Looking to see what her mixed breeds are.
Her previous owner told me part Husky and don't know what else. She has blue eyes, White with black spots, Short haired, Tail usually curls when she plays and down when she is scared or not sure of someone, same with her ears they are sometimes up, sometimes down. I'm not sure how to add a picture...
  • 4 REPLIES
What breed would be best for us
So my husband and I will, in time be getting another dog. For now, we would like to do our homework on some of the breeds. At first we thought of a min pin but after reading up on it for a few days, we have decided that maybe that is not the dog for us. Maybe to hyper. I would like some input from you...
  • 20 REPLIES
What breed do you think my dog may be?
2 years old - fully grown - 45 lbs Adopted from Arkansas behavior: very energetic, independent, has herding behaviors but also chases animals, protective, points, intelligent I've heard: rotty/pointer mix, catahoula leopard dog mix, rotty/shep, rotty/border collie any help and input would...
  • 5 REPLIES
MY DOG LUNA HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT BREED SHE IS.! PLEASE THANK YOU
I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT BREED MY DOG LUNA IS. SHES SO ENERGETIC, AGILE, AND BEAUTIFUL.
  • 8 REPLIES
the humane society says hound/boxer....
We think he's english or american fox hound mixed with....... something........ the humane society thinks boxer, but I dont know....... any suggestions?
  • 9 REPLIES
getting, hopefully, this dog from the shelter
i seen this dog on the shelter site he has been at the shelter for a few months, i go back down this week. have put in my adoption application so i can go get him when i get there, he shelter says he is a pointer mix was just wondering if he looks like a pointer, and if so can you guys point me to some...
  • 8 REPLIES
GUESSING GAME FOR ABBIE'S BREED
I found a stray about 3 weeks ago on the streets. She's the sweetest, gentlest dog ever & very playful. She was wandering the neighborhood with no collar, no tags, no microchip. I checked the newspaper, craigslist, posted flyers, checked with vets/groomers/etc but found no owner & she was...
  • 16 REPLIES
DNA Testing
There are DNA Test Kits available, where you can do a oral swab, send it off, and in a few weeks, get a nice report on the consistency of your Dogs Ancestry. I used the Wisdom Panel Test, and you can see the information on them at... http://www.wisdompanel.com/ Now, you're probably going...
  • 5 REPLIES
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
A friend is considering getting one of these and would like to hear experiences and as much about the breed as she can. Anyone knows of a breeder or forums,etc. it would be appreciated if you posted some info here! Thanks
  • 10 REPLIES
Whaddya think my pup is? ;)
We rescued Dolce from the shelter last Wednesday...she's such a sweetheart! A little background on her, she supposedly came from a home with way too many dogs...some guy brought her in and said he couldn't take care of them all. I suspect he brought in a litter, because there were other pups...
  • 22 REPLIES
My Dog- What Mix do u think she is?
This is my dog Gypsy. She is 17 years old. Ive been trying to figure out what kind of mix she is for years. shes 25-30 pounds. about 2 ft tall. Wide chest. Short tail. what kind of breeds do u think went into her. her white on her face use to be brown. and her eyes were brown. [img]http://www.backyardchickens...
  • 3 REPLIES
Leonberger, a perfrct dog
Check us out at *REMOVED BY MODERATOR* cutest puppy to very handsome Leo!
  • 0 REPLY