Border Collie Dog

• Puppy

Border Collie Dog

Border Collie Breed History and Origins The Border Collie breed originated from landrace collies, an ubiquitous type found mainly along the British Isles. Many years ago, the first known origin of the Border Collie emerged from the border country shared between England and Scotland, hence the name. The original purpose was for them to work alongside sheep ranchers. In the year 1915, the term “Border Collie” was coined by James Reid, and served to distinguish the Border Collie breed from the Scotch Collie breed, as registered by the ISDS. Still, they are quite old as a breed, appearing in literature from as far back as the 16th century. If you want to know more about Border Collie Dog, Please visit our site.... http://bordercollie.co.uk/ Have a nice day........ Good Luck....!!!
    • Bronze
    Oh yes! Love the breed,. So much intensity & energy & desire to please. Thanks for the link.
    • Silver

I have a short haired black and white border collie - people ask what she is crossed with Angry. She is just coming up to 13, with a lovely coat and still puppy-ish in so many ways.  But she has developed some raspy breath due to chronic bronchitis so she is on an anti inflammatory at the moment. I guess at this age we are going to see the onset of some health problems.

She is incredibly intelligent and knows my routine better than me. It's true - they do want to please. When she was younger she would get very upset if she thought she had done something wrong. Plus she is so friendly, every stranger is her new best friend! I'll swear if I get a burglar she'll just go and get her squeaky ball. Big Smile