the humane society says hound/boxer....

• Gold Top Dog

the humane society says hound/boxer....

We think he's english or american fox hound mixed with....... something........  the humane society thinks boxer, but I dont know.......  any suggestions?

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm stumped, sorry? Nothing really screams out at me as any one or two breeds... how tall is he? I think the brindle is more likely to be whippet or greyhound judging from that long thin body. Not really boxer shaped to me. The face is just sort of vaguely houndy but I couldn't really pick a hound... Foxhounds are pretty rare I think.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I can see the fox hound mix but I really don't see any boxer, maybe the brindle but there are many other breeds with that color. There is hound but I don't know what else.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I can see hound dog in there, in fact that's all I see.  And boy that's one cute doggie!
    • Puppy
    I have a dog that looks exactly like yours!! he's just one now, but these pictures made me stop! They could be twins as a puppy! As he has gotten bigger I really think its a boxer fouxhound mix!
    • Gold Top Dog

Plott hounds come in brindle and have that bone structure.

Tena 

• Bronze

He looks a lot like my dog and I've been told he's a Catahoula mix.  Mine is brindled but no white. That said, I met someone a few months back that was very familiar with Plott Hounds and she thought mine was a Plott.  Mine has long legs, long thin body with deep chest, face much like your dog including that happy face in the last picture.  Weighs 60 to 62 pounds.

Whatever yours is, he looks like a great companion. - Susan

• Gold Top Dog

Well hi there Sammy!  LOL, 6 year old thread...

• Bronze

Liesje

Well hi there Sammy!  LOL, 6 year old thread...

LOL...Ahhh...the minor details that escape attention! - Susan

• Gold Top Dog

Wow as I replied I was thinking "Nicole's had that dog awhile wonder why she's breedguessing now?"Doh!

Tena