Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
what kind of dog is this?
cute puppy I found, but not sure what he is.
  • 4 REPLIES
What kind of dog is my rescue pup?
I rescued my puppy Charlie when he was about 2 months old, and he is now about 6 months. He is a sweet cuddle bug but also has bursts of energy! He is definitely a quick learner and the only problem I have had with him is his obsession with food--even just his puppy food! If he thinks he is about to...
  • 3 REPLIES
So what do you think she is?
My mother got us the Wisdom Panel test for Christmas. We just sent it off and now that I'm back I thought it's fun to play "guess the breed" before we get the results. Just a couple things to note: She is only 50 pounds and measures about 20.25" tall at the withers. She seems...
  • 6 REPLIES
What can chase's breed mix be?
The two vets we have seen definitely say he is a mastiff mix baby boy is 3 months and 30 lbs! Doesn't bark much and uses his paws a whole lot, very smart boy learned three commands in a week.
  • 4 REPLIES
Mystery Dog!
Hi all, I'm really curious about what breeds my dog Gus could be. He's a real mystery! I adopted him from the shelter 2 years ago... curious to see what you all think. He has a really long heavy coat but I usually get him clipped.
  • 9 REPLIES
What's wrong with her fur.?
So I have a Sheltie.. She is three and her fur is short and wavy.. Is it going to grow longm and straight.? Please help.? http://s778.photobucket.com/user/chanelrenae21/library/Mobile%20Uploads
  • 1 REPLY
Positive Pitties
The Pit Bull Terrier has come under a lot of bad press the past couple years. What are your thoughts on BSL?
  • 11 REPLIES
Mini Border Collies? Is there such a thing?
I mean, I'm sure they exist.....but, are they a 'real breed'? like the mini aussies? We have a dog at the shelter, he's been with us for a while with a 'foot thing' (he has no foot, so we got him a fake one). He's a really cool dog, and everything about him screams border...
  • 40 REPLIES
any idea what my dog is?? looks husky but idk.
I was told by the person who gave me eiko as a pup that he was malamute/timberwolf, but alot of people say he looks like he has shepherd in him... any ideas? [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/SirKayyFFL/photo1.jpg[/IMG]
  • 7 REPLIES
Boxer/pit bull
Anyone else have this mix breed? Am I the only lover?
  • 4 REPLIES
Trying to figure out what mix I have
This is Remus, he is 5 months old. We were told he is a husky/shepherd mix but I'm not sure. He definitely has a husky face, but his ears are usually floppy and his coat is very short. Any guesses?
  • 0 REPLY
What breeds do you own?
I have a rough collie, german shepherd, shep/sami mix and cavalier king charles spaniel. What does everyone else have? I REALLY want a dane!!!
  • 153 REPLIES
What is Jack?
So, my dad and I have been arguing a lot lately... because, for some reason, he has suddenly decided that Jack is an Australian Cattle dog. Till now he has just been labeled as "Spaniel mix". It started the day he said he was at his friends house, and his friend's friend brought over his...
  • 14 REPLIES
Border Collie Dog
Border Collie Breed History and Origins The Border Collie breed originated from landrace collies, an ubiquitous type found mainly along the British Isles. Many years ago, the first known origin of the Border Collie emerged from the border country shared between England and Scotland, hence the name...
  • 2 REPLIES
What is the Breed of this dog
http://forum.dog.com/members/john1397/photos/picture987091.aspx
  • 1 REPLY
Care to take a guess as to what type of dog mine is?
I kept thinking she was a red heeler, but someone told me it's possible she is a dingo/Carolina dog. Anyone know anything? She's about 40 lbs fully grown.
  • 10 REPLIES
What breed is my new puppy?
This is my new puppy, her name is Luna. In this picture she is 9 weeks old and weighs 7.5 lbs. She is now 11 weeks old an weighs 9.5 lbs. She is very strongly bonded with me already, and she howls and barks really loud when I leave her alone (she almost sounds like a seal). Does anyone have a guess as...
  • 16 REPLIES
English Bulldog Puppies And Their Allergies
As we all know that English bulldog puppies are very popular breed all over the world for their cute, attractive looks and brave nature. They are the most adorable and loyal pet for any family, hence loved by many pet lovers. They are friendly, happy, playful and loving pets. The dogs have tough, muscular...
  • 0 REPLY
Beagles and Toys
Do all beagles not like to play with toys at all? Is there something we are doing wrong finding a toy for our new dog? According to the SPCA papers he liked playing tug of war and fetching balls but we cannot get him to play tug of war with a rope toy or fetch with a ball. Does anyone have any suggestions...
  • 10 REPLIES