What breed do you think she is?

• Puppy

What breed do you think she is?

Hello, 10months ago I found a little black puppy. She was about a week or two old. I ended up having her DNA tested twice, from different companies and they both came up with. She's 50% yorkie terrier and 50%coonhound. She looks very much like a yorkie poodle with coon hound ears. the thing is she acts very much like a coonhound. She actually makes the baying like a coonhound does, she's started rubbing her sent on things, she hunts, she's extremely hyper and without exercise she is wild! Do any of you have comments on it? The vets I've talked to said it is possible those two breeds bred. She is very deformed, has a hunch back also has very large teeth for a small dog. The vet says her teeth are the size of a larger dog. She also has stomach problems, I'm thinking because she is mixed with those breeds! I would love to hear some feed back!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Hi, what a cute pup! I would say poodle for sure, maybe a bit of Lhasa Apso not so much the color but her nose. Remember poodles are used as hunting dogs both retrievers and gun dogs. Maybe also a touch of schnauzer not so much the color but again the nose. Hope this helps a bit. She is mostly poodle and they are very smart its important to feed that mind with training, fun and lots exercise! Keep posting pics!

• Puppy

Thank you:) yes we thought maybe she had some poodle in her! She is extremely primal, we have a half poodle/shihsu and she is nothing like that. She's very designer, hates the outside loves being in a purse! Haha! Rexi is extremely protective and pretty aggressive with strangers and other dogs. Regardless of their size! I'm not sure if it's her hound dog or whatever she is or maybe it's because she was abandoned so she's very attached and over protective! I take her on runs every morning because if I don't she's a Tasmanian devil!