anxiety in my shih tzu

• Puppy

anxiety in my shih tzu

I have a three year old shih tzu and she is a very nervous dog that sometimes she will gnaw on herself until she has sores and bleeding. We have tried everything we know to do and was hoping someone could give us some good advice on how to handle this situation. It hurts us to see her hurt herself but are at a lose. She has not got fleas on her because we check her each time and bath her in Dawn to make sure this is not the situation. And help will be greatly appreciated.

• Bronze

Is she only anxious when she is alone? If that is the case, we don't kennel our dog, but we only allow her in 2 rooms. We leave the tv on, which helps, and sometimes leaving her with something with my scent works. If it happens all the time, try a thunder shirt. It did wonders for my pug.

• Puppy

She does this all the time she will go hide under the bed or in he other room and just chew on her self until she has sores all over her. She just seems very nervous all the time. I don't know what else to do to keep her from doing this. We do crate her when we leave the house but she loves her crate she will just go lay in it for no reason all the time.