What breed do you think my dog may be?

• Puppy

What breed do you think my dog may be?

2 years old - fully grown - 45 lbs Adopted from Arkansas behavior: very energetic, independent, has herding behaviors but also chases animals, protective, points, intelligent I've heard: rotty/pointer mix, catahoula leopard dog mix, rotty/shep, rotty/border collie any help and input would be great :) [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2i0volt.jpg[/IMG]
    • Puppy
    2 years old - fully grown - 45 lbs Adopted from Arkansas behavior: very energetic, independent, has herding behaviors but also chases animals, protective, points, intelligent I've heard: rotty/pointer mix, catahoula leopard dog mix, rotty/shep, rotty/border collie any help and input would be great :)
    • Gold Top Dog

I am not a good guesser but.....I definately see Rottie with the markings :)  Thanks for give "Her?" a forever home.

She is very cute but a full grown rottie she is not so I cant tell you what else is there.  Congrats and welcome to the forum

• Gold Top Dog
    She could be a mix of more than two purebred dogs.  Her coloring is very similar to my Gabby.  In the neighborhood I found Gabby, there are Rotties, GSDs and an abundance of stray mixes.  Sometimes we call dogs colored like yours and mine NABTDs.  That stands for North American Black and Tan Dawgs. :)  Your dog is a gorgeous example.
    • Gold Top Dog

She's a cutie. Something screams rottie mix - but the mix part - I have no idea. Rotties do herd btw.

• Gold Top Dog

Jewlieee
    Rotties do herd btw.

So very true.  Our Shadow was raised in the country with the neighbors cattle.  He could be seen right in the middle of them grazing, you could only tell the differenct if his behind was facing you with his nubby tail and brown behind.  However, if they tried to get out of their field he would round them up and head them in the right direction. :)