Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Another What breed is my dog thread! *pics galore!*
Hi All! For the life of me, I cannot make up my mind what Harley is! I've narrowed it to these breeds and any possible crossings between them. Maltese, Poodle, Terrier (Westie), Bichon Frise (only as a mix with a poodle... but very unlikely... just really tossing that in there) She looks...
  • 12 REPLIES
Boykin Spaniels
I am looking for some information on them. personal info. I can google them til the cows come home. Id like to know how they are in the field as well as in the water. Thanks!
  • 4 REPLIES
Miniature Dachshund vs Standard Dachsund.
Could someone help me find pictures that compare miniature dachshund and standard dachsunds? My sister in law has a miniature but I don't recall ever seeing a standard. It's hard to make a comparison without having something to look at. I've read the requirements of each... but it's just...
  • 5 REPLIES
Pomeranian?
What kind of a pet does a pomeranian make? Do they like to bark and are they friendly with cats and other dogs and people also?
  • 12 REPLIES
Advice and Bull Terrier Breed Info?
I have been dragging my BF along with me to dog events and other dog stuff now he wants a bull terrier. I don't know much about the breed, anyone have advice about the breed? What are they like? I'm glad my boyfriend is sharing my intrest in dogs but I don't know if getting anouther dog...
  • 24 REPLIES
chinese imperial (shih tzu)
i am really wondering about this breed... i really want to get one. and i do know it's a breed of it's own. but, based off of the shih tzu? from what i've read from www.dogbreedinfo.com is that they are laid back and very family oriented. but, if it's based off of the shih tzu, it won't...
  • 17 REPLIES
JRT Owners
I saw a couple threads on JRTS but they were all mainly pics-so I know you owners are out there! lol We had a JRT for about 8 years until she got lost and was never brought back home. She was our baby and the best dog we ever had. The only problem is she wasn't a "typical" JRT. She was...
  • 4 REPLIES
Breed Test - Has anyone tried it?
This is the link. http://www.mmigenomics.com/products2a.html. I was thinking about trying it on my dog, but wondered if anyone else has tried it. It is more just out of curiousity. Salem is thought to be a GSD / Lab cross, but I think there may be more in there. His mother was a GSD. We met her...
  • 10 REPLIES
Sheltie experts needed
I have a 4 1/2 yr old Sheltie, named Max. Max is a sweet boy, but has problems with aggression towards other dogs. Walking Max is not a fun experience with either one of us. I have tried just about everything I can think of with little success. I had Collies growing up, but this is my first Shelite....
  • 5 REPLIES
Cute Cartoon
[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k92/lucytj/othercoast2007114666026.gif[/IMG]
  • 6 REPLIES
Any fellow GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer) owners out there?
Hey guys, just looking for folks to chat with about our GSP's I have a 10 month old handsome little devil who is quite the handful these days!
  • 15 REPLIES
Pembroke Corgi!!
I have a 5 yr old Pembroke corgi, who else here has one? I would love to see pics!
  • 14 REPLIES
Airedale breeders
I am going to be purchasing an Airedale pup early next year. I want to use him for Conformation showing definitely, other various AKC events and possibly as a stud depending on his conformation and how well the showing goes. I already have a few breeders I have spoken with in OK and surrounding states...
  • 10 REPLIES
Basenji????
We rescued this girl back in the summer from a family where proper care wasnt given. Since then she has grown and she is one very excited,and intelligent dog. I originally thought she was a fox terrier mix. But here recently I was looking at dog breeds and came across the Basenji. Well I started reading...
  • 6 REPLIES
rwbeagles-For the AKITA lovers!
Nice clip from this years National...such a lovely breed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T004YhiUQdM
  • 2 REPLIES
"Working Bred" Dogs as Pets
I hope the original poster of this comment doesn't mind my taking this and using it as a spinoff thread. I thought this would make a great discussion. IMO there is no reason to get a working line of ANY BREED if its just going to be a pet that goes on hikes or romps in the woods... And in fact...
  • 38 REPLIES
Great Dane Coat Problems
I have a harlequin Great Dane who has allergies. His coat has suffered this Summer, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice as to how I might "repair" his coat. It's thin, and he sheds A LOT.
  • 9 REPLIES
bichon frise owners!!!
I just wanted to know how many people have a bichon frise on this board. I love this breed so much! Jetta is my female 2 1/2 year old bichon. I do have some questions though... *How much does your bichon weigh? Jetta is15 pounds and does not look overweight, but the AKC thing says they should be no...
  • 3 REPLIES
rwbeagles-Designer Dog fallout article link
http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-lspets5413405oct15,0,2637654.column
  • 4 REPLIES
Poogles?
I don't want any bashing or ugly comments please. (I know how some of you feel about purposely breeding mixed breed dogs). I've been looking for a small breed dog, perferably a poodle or poodle mix for quite some time. Yesterday, I fell in love with a "Poogle". (1/2 poodle, 1/2 beagle...
  • 28 REPLIES