Airedale breeders

• Gold Top Dog

Airedale breeders

I am going to be purchasing an Airedale pup early next year. I want to use him for Conformation showing definitely, other various AKC events and possibly as a stud depending on his conformation and how well the showing goes. I already have a few breeders I have spoken with in OK and surrounding states as I will be moving to Oklahoma city next year. I was wondering if anyone would like to refer any breeders you have experience with or feel strongly  enough about to recommend.

I am seriously considering Tenkiller Airedales in Deming, New Mexico.

Thankyou! 

• Gold Top Dog

zatchbell322
    I am seriously considering Tenkiller Airedales in Deming, New Mexico.

After looking at their web site I am seeing some red flags.

• Gold Top Dog

If you want a conformation dog, get a puppy from conformation lines.  Make sure there are several champions in the line.  Like Timsdat, I see some some things to be concerned about with the Tenkiller kennel.  I'd start researching breeders here:

http://www.airedale.org/choosing.php

after reading that, go to the ATCA breeder link.

• Gold Top Dog
    Have you gotten in touch with the Airedale Club of America? They will be able to steer you in the direction of responsible breeders in good standing with the club. From my understanding it is best to find a reputable breeder to mentor you as you begin your showing and breeding career. Hopefully you've already begun to research pedigrees and have attended some Airedale shows.
    • Gold Top Dog

Thankyou for the replies.

What were the red flags on that site? I am not trying to argue but just curiousSmile.

I am in no hurry to get a pup. I will wait for the right one, I just need some pointers from experienced folk.

• Gold Top Dog

consider Texas? I know a woman named Joyce Miller who I did a handling class with that has WONDERFUL Terriers. Jubilee Aire's I think is her kennel name...if she hasn't anything for you she will DEFINITELY know who to stay away from thruout most of the southwest/midwest!

http://jubileeaires.com/

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks Gina.

I have looked through her site but haven't emailed her yet. But with your recommendation I most definitely will. 

• Gold Top Dog

yes Steve is right....definitely red flags..."rare colors"??? No titles, no visible mention of health certifications...JUST a hip guarantee? I'd run a mile!

• Gold Top Dog

Ok. I am new to this and almost didn't post because I didn't want anyone to think I was going to turn into some BYB.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Smile 

• Gold Top Dog

Hey no biggie...Joyce will steer you right...big shows in Tulsa, OK just passed so mark the calendar for next year! When are you moving? You should try to get to some shows when you get there....Tulsa, Elk City, OKC all have shows at certain times of the year.

• Gold Top Dog

Our goal is to move at the end of March. But it could be a few weeks earlier or later lol.